Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

And she is doing great.  She had an ortho appointment today and he now has her putting weight on her leg,  He said she could put 40-50 pounds on it whcih is about half her weight so she can actually start walking on it regulary.  Only problem is that her left leg (the one with the surgery) is now about an inch shorter than the other so she is going to have to get inserts for her shoes.  Right now she is going to be using her walker but she can walk her dog and even go across the street to the restaurant which made a certain someone over there happy LOL.  She will also be continueing with the aquatherapy and she even talked to the doctor about my problems with RA.  He said he'd be willing to take me on as a patient when I get there and that from what she has told him he thinks I would benifit from aquatherapy myself.  He is a big proponnent of aquatherapy, which is why he was so upset with Shannon getting PT in the beginning.  But she is doing very well now and she is even going to be going for her driving permit soon and then to get her license...then when she is better she will be making her way up here...

by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 3:28 PM
Replies (11-18):
nana9106
by Darlene on Jun. 28, 2012 at 7:50 PM
I am.so glad that she is doing so well. I am sure that certain people at the restaurant will be happy too :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bmat
by Barb on Jun. 28, 2012 at 9:01 PM

Aquatherapy has a lot of good results. Thank you for the update.

louannwilkins
by Louann on Jun. 28, 2012 at 9:21 PM

I'am so glad that she is improving!!!   And yay for the dr saying he would accept you as a patient!!  Maybe you could benefit from it as well!!  Hopefully you'll be able to make the move before too much longer.   :)

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:16 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 12:02 AM

Such great news Colleen!
Glad Shannon is doing well & making such wonderful progress :) 

lynked
by Linda on Jun. 29, 2012 at 2:07 PM

Great news!

amylulu1
by Amy on Jun. 29, 2012 at 4:11 PM

Good to hear that she is on a strong road to recovery- and able to get out and about much better!  Congrats! 

CoeyG
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 4:16 PM

And she is so happy about it LOL.  She was really getting quite depressed having to stay in bed most of the time.  She is so happy that tomorrow nigh she is going to go out dancing a bit with the young man who works in the restaurant across the street...oh and did I meniton his mother is the late waylon Jenning cousin?

Shellness
by Michell on Jun. 29, 2012 at 6:10 PM

I'm happy for her that things are looking up. Slowly but surely....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)