Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

4 Girls, 4 Different Personalities

Posted by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 9:56 PM
  • 13 Replies

Hi,

I'm new to this page and would like to come through from time to time. I may have some advise for others and always looking for myself. Mother always use to say " your like a sponge" never get enough information. I thought my Partenting was done when the kids go off to college or out of the house. However I raise two of my grandchildren, so that is starting all over again. People say to my Husband and I what keeps you guys going !! well having 4 Girls is a start and 8 grandchilren, I would say .. lol Raising the boys are totally different than raising girls. My mom passed away in 2004 so I dont have that wisdom no more to seek her advise. Looking forward to meeting new people.

Renee

by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 9:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rosebud727
by Rose on Jun. 30, 2012 at 9:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi there! I too have girls. One in college, one out. Welcome!

mariC67
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 9:59 PM

welcome, I have 4 boy and only one girl and one GS...some days I would trade my 1 girl for 4 more boys lol

Shellness
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 10:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Bless your heart having to start over again. Whatever put you in that position, I hope will work out one day and you can just be "Grandma" again!

Welcome to our Group. Its one of the best and yes we would love to have your advice and opinions on things too. You will get some great support here!

Michell

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Jun. 30, 2012 at 10:26 PM

Welcome to the group! I have 2 boys (23 and 14) and 2 girls (21 and 20). No grandchildren here yet and hopefully not for a while...I'm just not ready LOL.

jiles240
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 10:39 PM

Thank you Ladies, yes before my Mom passed away she was always laughing at me. I am the youngest of 5 kids and the one with the most kids and grandkids.  Rose, after four years i am coming to the conclusion that the kids come back just as needy as they were high school days.. lol Thank you Mari, I do know that girls are Daddy's girls. However when it comes to "hey mom I need this and that" lol  but Boys. Oh my goodness, very needy and Elem days are a crack up. Kinder, thru 3rd grade, hugs and kisses. But don't dare any grade after that, it's like Nana (get back, save the hugs) lol but I'm getting use to that. They slowly look over their shoulder to see if there friends are away.  Michell , Thank you for your kind words. Yes we see this with others or hear about it and never thought we would be raising our grandkids. They are the world to us. I know one day maybe will be the time to return the boys. Wow then another chapter of our lives will began. But i know their is a reason for this and it's meant to be. So as you all see I put everybody in one reply. Do i just hit the reply to post for each separte person? Nice to chat with you ladies ;0)

jiles240
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Yes that is what i said also Lisa. It all happen so fast with our oldest two daughters and I would ask them if there raceing or something like that.. lol  My girls age our 33, 30, 23, 22 Grand kids two 10yr old boys and two 8yr old boy and girl. 7 yr old boy and two  6yrs old girls and 4yr old girl. Wow i got tired thinking of all them dates. One year for Christmas my youngest daughter got me a calendar that had all the pictures on the dates for birthday and other special dates. Gosh i can not remember all that. lol

homeskoolmama
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 8:26 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi Renee and welcome!

I have 3 grown sons and yes, boys and girls are totally different to raise!

Between dh and I we have 3 grand daugthers.

LanaTsunami
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 8:34 AM
1 mom liked this
You're a GRANDmother????
Why123
by Nancy on Jul. 1, 2012 at 8:39 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi Renee and welcome to the group.  I have 3 daughters and a son.  I also have 11 grands and 1 greatgrand.

gmadiane
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 9:43 AM

Hello and welcome to the group, I am mom to 2 daughter and 2 sons and 5 grand children

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN