Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

For the Fourth of July I am going to make one special thing

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 12:55 PM
  • 9 Replies

As a treat to eat. A patriotic cake or something.

How about you? Any plans? I am hoping to talk my husband into a cookout at his Dad's and invite his brothers and families.

Sounds like a good time doesn't it?

by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 12:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mycraftygrandma
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 1:08 PM

Since fireworks are banned this year, I think we are going to go to the outdoor dance in our community so I don't think I will be cooking anything, lol, just eating whatever looks good from the vendors.

Bmat
by Barb on Jul. 2, 2012 at 2:06 PM

I am making potato salad and deviled eggs.

Bmat
by Barb on Jul. 2, 2012 at 2:06 PM

Fireworks should be banned around here considering how dry it is.

nana9106
by Darlene on Jul. 2, 2012 at 4:43 PM

MY GS asked if I would make 'flag' cupcakes....so I guess i'm making him some red, white and blue cupcakes :-)

Shellness
by Michell on Jul. 2, 2012 at 6:39 PM

Guess cooking out at his Dads is out. Hubby said no, they wouldn't want to on a week day. They would be too tired :( I'll think of something though!

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:14 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 12:02 AM

Sounds good wish I was closer to you <g>

No plans here .. we'll bbq ..
Maybe get out by the pool but that's about it :)

darmomusaf
by Gold Member on Jul. 3, 2012 at 6:40 AM

Right now, no special plans for home, but I will be making apple pancakes and patriotic parfaits (vanilla yoguart, strawberries, and blueberries) for my Breakfast with the Residents tomorrow. Since it will just be hubby and I at home, I'm not sure what we will be doing!

Shellness
by Michell on Jul. 3, 2012 at 10:51 AM

Well I think, since I found out I will be off tomorrow, that we will go to Sea World. Hope they have a good fireworks display!

nybor48
by Bronze Member on Jul. 3, 2012 at 11:32 AM
1 mom liked this

I think that July 5th should be the legal holiday, since on the 4th nothing really gets going until after dark, and with daylight savings time, that's like 9pm here. 

But for me... I think the special thing I will be making will be red beers, since I have to get up and go to work Thursday....  Plus it will probably be raining....so being outside bbq'ing or anything would be miserable.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)