Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Holy thunder batman!

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2012 at 5:43 PM
  • 9 Replies

A storm passed through our area yesterday. It included buckets of rain, thunderm lightning and gale force winds and lasted about 15 minutes. Afterwards there were numerous calls that came across the scanner for traffic signals being out (over half of them), debis in the road, downed trees and phone/power lines all over the city. Our electric was out for a couple hours so we went over to my SIL's who had electricty but no cable/pnone/internet. We haven't had a storm do this much damage in a long time. Took some pics at one of the local parks as an example of what it looked like everywhere: (this is the same tree in all pics)

If you look closely, you can see the shattered light and casing on the arm of this light pole:

This pole has the park name painted on the other side, it did stand straight up before the storm:

Obviously the tree was old and rotting on the inside but stll it made one hell of a mess.

Click on my siggy to help find a cure for cancer!

by on Jul. 8, 2012 at 5:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
CoeyG
by on Jul. 8, 2012 at 6:07 PM

We felt some of that storm yesterday, actually got hit twice but not as bad as you did.  

louannwilkins
by Louann on Jul. 8, 2012 at 6:38 PM

Now that was a storm!!  I know we need some rain here but the storms always scare me.   I've been afraid of them ever since I was a kid!  Glad you all are ok.

Why123
by Nancy on Jul. 8, 2012 at 7:35 PM

We had one over a week ago and there are still people here who don't have electricity.

Bmat
by Barb on Jul. 8, 2012 at 9:58 PM

Oh my goodness!!  I hope you got your power back and are OK now.

Bmat
by Barb on Jul. 8, 2012 at 9:59 PM

This is probably the one that we had here. Everyone in this area is supposed to have their power back by tomorrow.

Quoting Why123:

We had one over a week ago and there are still people here who don't have electricity.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:10 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 12:03 AM

Wow!  Lots of damage there,
Glad you guys are ok :)

Join us at

Time Out for You

homeskoolmama
by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 12:07 PM

wow what a storm indeed! Looks like last weekend at my moms! Scary stuff

terri-553
by Silver Member on Jul. 9, 2012 at 5:11 PM

WOW,What a mess,it is looking like we might get some rain later

Shellness
by Michell on Jul. 9, 2012 at 6:23 PM

I'd say are you sure you aren't in Florida? but our trees don't get that tall, lol. We've had a lot of those days lately. Yesterday and today in fact. Can't keep the yard picked up from the oak tree limbs.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)