Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Tell me about your honeymoon or vacation?

Posted by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 8:59 AM
  • 31 Replies

I love hearing where people went for their honeymoon or on a memorable vacation. Would you share yours?

by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 8:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LadySaphira
by Lisa on Jul. 15, 2012 at 9:57 AM

Never had a honey moon and the only vacation we have ever been on was Adrienne's MAW trip. MAW sent us to Disney. We took a limo from my mom's house to the airport, they rented us a van down there and we stayed at a place called Give kids The World Village. We were given ticket to Universal Studios, Sea World, and Disney.

atlmom2
by Susie on Jul. 15, 2012 at 10:02 AM
No honeymoon, too poor. Been on too many to count vacations so I will pick, on beach and one sightgseeing trip. Beach trip was renting a house in Turks and Caicos. We were right on the beach with a private pool. Sightseeing is hard but I would say Austria.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CoeyG
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 11:03 AM

LOL We didn't, the day after we got married he left me.  He had to go to Texas for "leadership" training.  I went and stayed at my inlaws place in the Finger Lakes.  When he got home we stayed at the inlaws place in the finger lakes with them in the room next door through paper thin walls...Oh but we did find out just how far sound carries over water 

Shari55
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 11:08 AM

We went to Manitou Springs,Colorado...it was where we also went on our first date. We love it there, haven't been back in 24 years though, my mom and I went there when we went out for my older brothers wedding. 

Shari, wife to bestfriend John (4/88), mom to Heather(1/77),Nyssa(4/89),Michaela (8/94) and four fur babies (cats)

Bmat
by Barb on Jul. 15, 2012 at 2:25 PM

I'm glad you got to go on this trip.

Quoting LadySaphira:

Never had a honey moon and the only vacation we have ever been on was Adrienne's MAW trip. MAW sent us to Disney. We took a limo from my mom's house to the airport, they rented us a van down there and we stayed at a place called Give kids The World Village. We were given ticket to Universal Studios, Sea World, and Disney.

Bmat
by Barb on Jul. 15, 2012 at 2:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I loved Austria and would go there again.

Quoting atlmom2:

No honeymoon, too poor. Been on too many to count vacations so I will pick, on beach and one sightgseeing trip. Beach trip was renting a house in Turks and Caicos. We were right on the beach with a private pool. Sightseeing is hard but I would say Austria.

Bmat
by Barb on Jul. 15, 2012 at 2:27 PM

LOL! 

Quoting CoeyG:

LOL We didn't, the day after we got married he left me.  He had to go to Texas for "leadership" training.  I went and stayed at my inlaws place in the Finger Lakes.  When he got home we stayed at the inlaws place in the finger lakes with them in the room next door through paper thin walls...Oh but we did find out just how far sound carries over water 

atlmom2
by Susie on Jul. 15, 2012 at 2:27 PM
I am going to Paris and Nice in September with a friend for her 50th. Been to Paris but not Nice.

Quoting Bmat:

I loved Austria and would go there again.

Quoting atlmom2:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bmat
by Barb on Jul. 15, 2012 at 2:28 PM

It has special memories then. Will you go back sometime?

Quoting Shari55:

We went to Manitou Springs,Colorado...it was where we also went on our first date. We love it there, haven't been back in 24 years though, my mom and I went there when we went out for my older brothers wedding. 

homeskoolmama
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 2:29 PM

Our honeymoon was a disaster! dh arranged for us to stay with is bf from high school on our way to our destination.

When we arrived I would NOT stay there. There were dirty moldly dishes in the sink, the house reaked with odors, the bathroom had dirty $h... diapers OPEN in the floor and dog poop ALL over the house. I said NO WAY am I staying here.

We slept in the car and finished driving the next day. We were NO where near a motel.

I got really sick and we wound up driving home. 

Fast forward 4.5 years and we went to Fla for  a week. It was so much fun. We played tourist, shopped, ate, swam, went to Sea World, Treasure Island, toured a time share, and just had fun. Our hotel was a 5 star and it was fabulous!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN