Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Good evening, how is everyone tonight?

I am new to Cafe Mom and my name is Maela Rose, a divorced mom of many, many years.  I have two grown adult children one son and a daughter who I simply adore.  Even though I love them to death, one is out of the house and I am working on the other one to scadoodle.  You know they have to fly on their own some day. 

I am a writer who does Vinyasa yoga and loves to meditate seven days a week.  I also work with gift baskets and floral bouquets at Marlas Gift Baskets.  I love working with arts and crafts and pottery as my hobbies.  I love the outdoors and enjoy many activities outside the home.

I am glad I joined Cafe Moms this evening.  I believe all moms can benefit from each other by sharing and communicating ideas, information, stories, life's experiences and challenges.

by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 10:12 PM
Replies (31-39):
dukegirl01
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 3:53 PM

Hello again! My daughter who is 25 has started doing Yoga. She loves it. I use to do it years ago. I hope I can make it work in my scheduel again! I too have our own buisness! But, it can be very brutal. Hours go into night and weekends but, I try to remember if I kick butt working, then when I need a break, I can do it on MY time. The "plus" part of having your own buisness.

I am not very "crafty" but I am artistic-like drawing and writing my own music. Use to play guitar and sing professionally for years. I miss some of that. Hope to at least make time to keep my "practice" time in! That is also emotionally  good for my well being. Doing something you love and coming from within!!!

DesignGirl450
by Lynda on Jul. 29, 2012 at 4:23 PM

Quoting MaelaRose:

Hello. 

I am an article and novel writer.  I write all kinds of articles on clothing, recipes, food, entertainment to arts and crafts.  I also write novels about nature.  I usually write in my spare time since I own my own gift basket and flower business.  It's a great business to be in and I enjoy every minute of it.  It's quite fulfilling helping others with their gifting needs.

This is a great forum to get to know other Cafe Moms.

What do you do for a living? 

Hi Maela Rose, and welcome.  I am married, have a 20-year-old daughter.  I am not working but volunteer at a hospital.  I love to design and make clothes and jewellery, home decor, paint with watercolours and acrylics, garden, many creative pursuits.  I live in Vancouver, BC. Where are you?

terri-553
by Silver Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 7:11 AM

welcome to cafemom

tinysmom160
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 7:58 PM
1 mom liked this

WELCOME!!!

MaelaRose
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 11:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi -

That is so true about doing something from within yourself.  It is very important to have some me time!!!  Especially after a long day of work.  When you own your own business like we do, we give it all we got, but when it's time to take a break, we can do it anytime we want on our own time.  And that truly is the best reward of owning your own business.

In fact, when I'm not running around to craft shows and art exhibits, I am 24/7 engaged in marketing my online business.  There are many late nights and weekends consumed building clientele and putting in the extra hours helping customers with their gifting needs.   Having built up Marlas Bella Baskets in the end has all been well worth it!

For down time, a good book, a glass of wine and some deep meditation always does it for me!

MaelaRose
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 11:58 PM

Thank you, thank you!  I am glad to be here!  Are you new to Cafe Mom?

have a good night

MaelaRose
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 12:01 AM

Hi -

Thank you very much!  I am glad to be here! 

hugs

MaelaRose
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 12:26 AM

Hello -

Wow, you have a variety of interesting hobbies that you do!  That's wonderful!  The water painting and coloring sounds like fun.  Volunteering is also a great experience too!  I used to volunteer years ago for many different charities and non-profit organizations.  It was a lot of fun.  I really enjoyed it. 

Now I write some, enjoy outdoor activities, exercise, eat healthy and work all day.  I own my own online business as a Gift Basket and Flower Consultant with Marlas Bella Baskets.  My business consists of building loyal customers and helping people with their gifting needs.  Even though I put in long hours sometimes, at the end it's all worth it.  It is a fulfilling and rewarding business to be a part of.

I live in Miami, Florida.  To the East and about as far South as you can go within the U.S.

Have a great night!  It will be fun getting to know you.

simple smile 

ladysharon72
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 12:46 AM

Welcome 2 the group Maela Rose. I'm Sharon. Nice 2 meet you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)