Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

What are you doing this weekend.....Sat. and Sun...

Posted by   + Show Post

come in and share it with us.....

by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 8:59 AM
Replies (31-38):
suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jul. 22, 2012 at 10:20 AM
1 mom liked this

if I don't suck in my gut when wearing tighter-fitting clothes, I look preggo.  LOL.  And right now for me, I am big.  10 years ago I was 130 pounds and into 6s and 8s.  I gained 30 pounds in 2005 but then managed to get down to 140 by embracing a high-fat low-carb way of eating.  Well, a lack of discipline with the low-carb portion of this way of eating the past six months and I am back up to 150.  Darned Brian.  Yesterday he texted me, "It's too bad eating makes you fat.  I hate eating alone."  that was his invite to lunch. LOL. I replied "that's why God made salad and gave us a free will. Amen."  I don't "blame" him but I do "complain" about it!  Anyway, yesterday I made the choice to have salad and buffalo wings.  lol.   I am a size 12 right now but those darned belly bulges.  ugh.  I am seriously considering investing in SPANX.

Last night I stayed up until **gasp** Midnight, watching LOST.  And forgot ONCE AGAIN about that margarita popsicle!  Cats woke me up this morning just shy of 8 a.m. sniffing at my face.   I guess they thought I was dead or something and they were hungry.  If I was dead they'd probably have started chowing down on my face.  lol. 

Well, now it's after 9 o'clock and I should get started working.  I really don't need the $$ from this job now that I am not sending Johnny an allowance (yay) so I just have to decide when 'nuff is 'nuff.  lol.

Quoting louannwilkins:

LOL  I love it when you post!!  :)   You look like you're small so I'm SURE you don't even have a gut to hold in!!  lol  I bet you look great in the skirt and dress!!  Yea, the kids now....it's definitely a different time!!

Let us know if you get fired! lol  So when are you going to quit?  You could really bank some money if you wanted to.  And sleeping in til 7???  That cracked me up but I guess it is sleeping in to you since you get up so early.  Sleeping in to me is like 9 or so.  Those are good days though they dont happen often!  lol 

Hope you have a good night and enjoy your popsicle.  

Quoting suzeebloch:

I went out with a 28-year-old coworker after work last night - we went to dinner and she wanted to go to the mall!  OMG.  You know I worked at home since 2006 and until I started that office job last fall, I hadn't bought clothes except on an as-needed basis.  Last night at the mall, I felt like I had been in a coma the past 20 years and just woke up.  Seeing the young girls with their short shorts on - so many of the styles are "see through" - wow.  Just so different from when I shopped for office clothes a mere decade ago.  Anyway, I bought a skirt and a dress for $25 but the skirt makes my butt stick out.  My daughter told me, "Mom, if you've got it, flaunt it."  I'm not so sure about that BUT if I find a loose top that would hang low enough, it might be okay.  The dress I bought I'm gonna have to purchase SPANX.or something.  If I suck in my gut the dress looks cute - but I can't go around sucking in my gut the whole day!!!  So I might have just wasted $25.  Oh well.  :o)

But we were out late and I didn't get up until 7 this morning - then had some running arouind to do - got back here at noon and then Brian invited me to lunch.  So I didn't get started working until 2.  And now it's 6 and I don't feel like working any more.  lol.  I haven't given my notice yet to quit this weekend job - and I didn't meet the quota today.  What are they gonna do - fire me?  LMAO.  Now I'm gonna sit back, eat leftovers, watch LOST and eat my Margarita Popsicle that I bought last weekend but keep forgetting I have! 

homeskoolmama
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 12:09 PM

When dh came home from work he fixed the truck, cracked spark plug, then we went to dinner! We have been trying our "local cuisine" :-) all the mom and pop places in our little country area. We went to Papa Jack's a little seafood place. It was good but we enjoyed the atmosphere and people mostly. Such a sense of family and community. PLUS the owners live within 1/4 mile of us!

Quoting louannwilkins:

No plans here either and it's been nice!  lol  Hope you have a good day

Quoting homeskoolmama:

So far no plans, dh is at work, Jesse and R are at work, Joey just left for the weekend. So..home alone.

I have fed/watered the animals, washed dishes, cooked breakfast, now eating leftovers for lunch, washed and dried dh work clothes. That's it.

I honestly have no plans and am fine with that.

louannwilkins
by Louann on Jul. 22, 2012 at 2:41 PM

That sounds like fun!  I love finding those little out of the way places.  Sometimes they have the best food!  Sometimes....well, you'll know not to go back.  lol  Hope you have a great afternoon.  I think I'm going to go walk now.  I only slept about 4 hours last night so I'm tired but I need to go get my butt on the treadmill.  lol

Quoting homeskoolmama:

When dh came home from work he fixed the truck, cracked spark plug, then we went to dinner! We have been trying our "local cuisine" :-) all the mom and pop places in our little country area. We went to Papa Jack's a little seafood place. It was good but we enjoyed the atmosphere and people mostly. Such a sense of family and community. PLUS the owners live within 1/4 mile of us!

Quoting louannwilkins:

No plans here either and it's been nice!  lol  Hope you have a good day

Quoting homeskoolmama:

So far no plans, dh is at work, Jesse and R are at work, Joey just left for the weekend. So..home alone.

I have fed/watered the animals, washed dishes, cooked breakfast, now eating leftovers for lunch, washed and dried dh work clothes. That's it.

I honestly have no plans and am fine with that.

DixieL
by Dixie on Jul. 22, 2012 at 3:23 PM

Quoting louannwilkins:

That's all I've been doing too since I already know I'm supposed to pet sit all of next weekend.  Sometimes it's just a nice thing to do...sit home and chill.  lol  Hope you've had a great day! 

Quoting DixieL:

We are just staying home this weekend

Hope you had a great day and today too

KittyGram
by Becky on Jul. 22, 2012 at 5:03 PM

It's been a busy weekend here.  My daughter's bridal shower was yesterday, so I took Friday off work, picked one kiddo up from her father's, took her back home, took the other girl home with me for the night.  She and I cooked food for the shower Friday evening.  Yesterday morning we were out the door pretty early, stopped by one last store for the last-minute or forgotten stuff for the shower.  The shower started at 1:00, we served a light lunch.  It was a great shower.  We left there at 6:00 last night, exhausted.  I took the younger granddaughter, Riley (6 1/2) home with me last night.  This morning, she and I went out to breakfast, stopped by the craft store on the way home, and since getting home at about 11:00 am, we've been sewing!  It's her first time using a machine, and like her sister, she's a natural at it.  I'll post pics later.  After she sewed for a while, we cut out a chef's hat for her, I ended up sewing it all, it was a bit too difficult for her.  Then she practiced a little more, and she's started a "mug rug", which is a small placemat.  We are currently on a break, we may be done for the day.  We're eating "lunch" (it's 4:00 pm CST right now),and I soooooooo badly need a nap!!!! 

louannwilkins
by Louann on Jul. 22, 2012 at 5:42 PM

Aww Becky...it sounds like a nice weekend!!  I'm so glad the shower was such a success.  I love that you're passing on the sewing.  That's something that will stick in their memories forever. Hopefully you'll get some rest before too long.  :)

Quoting KittyGram:

It's been a busy weekend here.  My daughter's bridal shower was yesterday, so I took Friday off work, picked one kiddo up from her father's, took her back home, took the other girl home with me for the night.  She and I cooked food for the shower Friday evening.  Yesterday morning we were out the door pretty early, stopped by one last store for the last-minute or forgotten stuff for the shower.  The shower started at 1:00, we served a light lunch.  It was a great shower.  We left there at 6:00 last night, exhausted.  I took the younger granddaughter, Riley (6 1/2) home with me last night.  This morning, she and I went out to breakfast, stopped by the craft store on the way home, and since getting home at about 11:00 am, we've been sewing!  It's her first time using a machine, and like her sister, she's a natural at it.  I'll post pics later.  After she sewed for a while, we cut out a chef's hat for her, I ended up sewing it all, it was a bit too difficult for her.  Then she practiced a little more, and she's started a "mug rug", which is a small placemat.  We are currently on a break, we may be done for the day.  We're eating "lunch" (it's 4:00 pm CST right now),and I soooooooo badly need a nap!!!! 

LeetjieJ
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 7:59 AM
1 mom liked this
Took part in a 15km walk on Sunday; really enjoyed it, but my feet are in tatters today!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DesignGirl450
by Lynda on Jul. 23, 2012 at 8:20 PM

My husband and I went to Seattle, WA for two nights.  We stayed in the old district called Pioneer Square.  On Saturday, the weather was lovely and we walked up town, shopped at Macy's and the Nordstrom Rack, great sales.  Iain bought a bunch of new clothes.  We strolled down to Pike Place Market for coffee and a treat in the afternoon, and people watched.  Walked back to the hotel, dropped off our bags, changed and then walked a couple of blocks to a restaurant for dinner. A really nice getaway.  Love Seattle 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN