Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Does your nose know?

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 2:26 PM
  • 51 Replies

Do you have a great sniffer?  What is something you can smell a mile away? 

baking 

We went to the beach on Saturday and I took a walk down the beach but had to go through the little camps.  I could SMELL the alcohol at some of the camps even tho they had it disguised.  Then when I got home Dh was having a beer on  the deck and I could smell it as soon as I walked into the kitchen on my way to the deck.  Since I can no longer drink due to my DX I am super sensitive to the smell of alcohol.

I can also smell rain on the way.  umbrella

What is something that you can smell a mile away and why do you think that is so?

by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 2:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gmadiane
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 2:37 PM

my dh has a super sense of smell, he can smell a poopy diaper as soon as he walks in the front door, lol, mine is ok but not too great

DesignGirl450
by Lynda on Jul. 23, 2012 at 3:02 PM

Fresh cut lumber, especially cedar.  It reminds me of my childhood, and is one of my favourite smells. 

Why123
by Nancy on Jul. 23, 2012 at 3:04 PM

My sense of smell is ok.  I can smell when someone has cut their grass and when rain is coming.  I guess because they just float in the air.

caro100
by Carol on Jul. 23, 2012 at 3:08 PM

I have a pretty good sniffer for certain smells, others I can't smell at all.  I work in a Nursing Home and can smell certain viruses or bacteria by the way the B.M. smells.   I too can smell rain and other odors.

Esmrlda
by Esme on Jul. 23, 2012 at 3:13 PM

LOL then he walks right back out!

Quoting gmadiane:

my dh has a super sense of smell, he can smell a poopy diaper as soon as he walks in the front door, lol, mine is ok but not too great

Esmrlda
by Esme on Jul. 23, 2012 at 3:14 PM

I love the way cedar smells and would one day like to have a Cedar closet. 

So you can smell someone cutting the cedar like a neighbor or someone a few blocks away?

Quoting DesignGirl450:

Fresh cut lumber, especially cedar.  It reminds me of my childhood, and is one of my favourite smells. 

gmadiane
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 3:14 PM

He will walk in and say someone is poopy and he is always right, lol

Quoting Esmrlda:

LOL then he walks right back out!

Quoting gmadiane:

Esmrlda
by Esme on Jul. 23, 2012 at 3:16 PM

Those are both great smells.

Quoting Why123:

My sense of smell is ok.  I can smell when someone has cut their grass and when rain is coming.  I guess because they just float in the air.

homeskoolmama
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 3:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I had sinus surgery 15 years ago and my dh still says my nose is better than the dogs! I always smell stuff, long before I'm near it or anyone else smells it. Kind of funny but it can be yucky too!

Esmrlda
by Esme on Jul. 23, 2012 at 3:18 PM

Oh that is so interesting. What does it smell like when they have a virus? 

My mom used to be able to smell when someone was sick, but they didnt know it by the way their breath smelled. I guess it had a sharp bitterness to it.

Quoting caro100:

I have a pretty good sniffer for certain smells, others I can't smell at all.  I work in a Nursing Home and can smell certain viruses or bacteria by the way the B.M. smells.   I too can smell rain and other odors.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN