Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Summer is a good time to settle outside and enjoy a good book.  What are you reading now?

by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 11:55 AM
Replies (21-30):
mac1940
by Mary Ann on Aug. 2, 2012 at 4:34 PM

I am reading Karin Slaughter's newest , Criminal.  Like all of hers, it is a can't put down book.

lhomfeld
by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 4:35 PM

The "Women of the Underworld" series is by Kelley Armstrong, the first book is called Bitten. Which is extemely sexy and you will fall in love with the guy she is in love with . . . I think his name is Troy . . . very southern :)

Quoting Why123:

Hmmmmm.  Those sound interesting.  I will have to look for them.

Quoting lhomfeld:

No vampires, all magic (witches) in this one . . . But I have books with werewolves, vampires, fairies, zombies, etc . . . they are just so sexy :)

Quoting Why123:

I don't think I have read any of those because I am not big on Vampires but I do like paranormal.

Quoting lhomfeld:

"Women of the Underworld" series book # 3 :Industrial Magic . . . it is paranormal . . . it is sexy . . . I collect anything with paranormal and sex combined :)

louannwilkins
by Louann on Aug. 2, 2012 at 8:26 PM

The Best Of Me by Nicholas Sparks...it's such a good book and an easy read

FHC1
by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 11:02 PM

I'm reading : Where's my F*cking Latte? And other stories about being an assistant in Hollywood by Mark Yoshimoto Memcoff

Why123
by Nancy on Aug. 3, 2012 at 9:30 AM

That sounds like a fun read.

Quoting FHC1:

I'm reading : Where's my F*cking Latte? And other stories about being an assistant in Hollywood by Mark Yoshimoto Memcoff

homeskoolmama
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 10:38 AM

Love's Pursuit. It is set in 1684 about Puritans. It is good but a little confusing because of the way it is written.

Marinefranksmom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 3, 2012 at 10:57 AM

I just started a book called "London" by Edward Rutherfurd - it's a historical novel about the city of London from early Roman days to modern times.  It's a nice thick book & I've just started it, so far, so good.  It seems to be a James Michener kind of story (he's my favorite author, I've read Hawaii & Tales of the South Pacific many times).  I received several books including this one as a legacy from my DIL's grandmother who passed away last year.  She had been a teacher & an avid reader & had lots of books, mostly historical based, which I enjoy.  She was a lovely lady whom I loved knowing.

Why123
by Nancy on Aug. 3, 2012 at 12:56 PM
1 mom liked this

That sounds like an interesting book.  I like Michener too.  One of my favs is Chesapeake.  My grandmother told me to read the Source but I have started it 7 or 8 times and have still to make it all the way through.  Some day.

Quoting Marinefranksmom:

I just started a book called "London" by Edward Rutherfurd - it's a historical novel about the city of London from early Roman days to modern times.  It's a nice thick book & I've just started it, so far, so good.  It seems to be a James Michener kind of story (he's my favorite author, I've read Hawaii & Tales of the South Pacific many times).  I received several books including this one as a legacy from my DIL's grandmother who passed away last year.  She had been a teacher & an avid reader & had lots of books, mostly historical based, which I enjoy.  She was a lovely lady whom I loved knowing.

KittyGram
by Becky on Aug. 3, 2012 at 1:00 PM

Quoting louannwilkins:

The Best Of Me by Nicholas Sparks...it's such a good book and an easy read

I read The Lucky One, by Nicholas Sparks, and for the most part, I liked it.  It's not my kind of story, but he's a very good author. 

LLICE
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 6:13 PM
The Passage by Justin Cronin.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN