Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Really...what would you do?

Posted by   + Show Post

Ok don't get me wrong I love my kids and grandkids....So my oldest daughter calls and says, "Mom, can we come visit today?" I said, "Sure it would be good to see you guys!" Well she comes over and goes right to sleep on the couch...the twins were hungry and baby was hungry and wet and my daughter was sleeping. Of coarse I feed them and changed the baby but I thought we were coming over to visit not to have mom take care of your kids. What would you do?

by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 2:23 PM
Replies (21-24):
ROBIN-C
by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 7:19 PM

glad you 2 talked about it! my guess is that she didnt even mean to fall alseep and was just exhausted. it is hard work and sometimes when you sit you fall asleep without intending to!

i know for me that when i get home from work at 4;30pm i must immediately fix supper for my daughter, if i dont then it might not happen and result in supper from a can. i am guilty of sitting 'for just a minute' and waking up an hour later!

Shellness
by Michell on Aug. 5, 2012 at 7:22 PM

Well, she must have been exhausted!

FHC1
by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 11:11 PM

I know your motherly instinct kicked in and I can't blame you. But you should have woken your daughter up. That was not a visit! A visit is sitting around chatting, having coffee, playing with the kids, going for a walk etc. My daughter has a baby and let me tell you as much as I want to hog that baby I control myself. I did my child rearing, it's her turn. I do not want her to ever regret not doing enough for her kids, and further more I don't want her kids to feel they need to turn to me for mothering. We are grandmothers for a reason! Good luck :-)

Dontchawishuknu
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 4:00 PM

Explain the difference to your daughter between a visit and a nap....and in the future, I would clarify when she called.  I'd be far more likely to help one of my kids with their kids if they were upfront about that being the reason.  I'd just be flat out pissed if they pulled that kind of thing....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)