Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If Your Adult Kids Don't Live With You

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 1:10 AM
  • 40 Replies

How often do you see them

by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 1:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DixieL
by Dixie on Aug. 6, 2012 at 1:12 AM
1 mom liked this

My son dil husband and I are buying a house together so we see him everyday

rosebud727
by Rose on Aug. 6, 2012 at 1:19 AM
1 mom liked this

My youngest lives with me in the summer, or at least this last summer. This could be the last one though. I see her about once a month or more. She's about 2 1/2 hours away.

My older daughter I see every other month or so. She's about 3 1/2 hours away from my home. I won't lie I want the oldest to move closer when she finds another job and she does too. We're a close family so not seeing each other more often is tough.

Ferne
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 1:40 AM
1 mom liked this

I see my sons every two years.  Thats when I take a vacation to Oregon.  It is really hard not seeing them but we spend  a week togather and go out doing all kinds of things.  I also call and talk to them on the phone atleast every other week.  My oldest SD we see on School breaks as she is in college and we drive up to spend her birthday with her. The youngest SD lives with her boyfriends parents and never comes by unless she needs something. We dont approve of the parents  so we dont visit.

lisamarie1265
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 2:43 AM
1 mom liked this
My oldest is married and lives a couple of cities away, but we see each other quite often we are a close knit family we always have sunday dinner together whether it is at their home or ours. On the Sunday's my mom doesn't work her and my dad join us as well... Other times I see Jessie during the week we shop together, or just get together for some us time when she is not working. They have only been married 2yrs, so on holidays they usually spend the night here with us... My son in laws mother thinks holidays are not needed so the poor kid never really had a family Christmas except with his grandma and now us... He loves coming here. So to answer your question ... We see each other a lot... But with the heat lately I think they come here for the a/c and our pool lol... Poor kids have some window units and that helps but they are saving for whole house a/c, they don't know they're getting it in the spring... Our Christmas gift..shhhh !!
CoeyG
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 2:43 AM
1 mom liked this

I haven't seen my daughter since she moved to Texas last December...

DixieL
by Dixie on Aug. 6, 2012 at 7:13 AM

Quoting CoeyG:

I haven't seen my daughter since she moved to Texas last December...

I hope you see her soon

Sandy0904
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 7:20 AM

I see my daughter about once a week lately.  Not normally though.  She is always busy working or volunteering, etc.  Her own husband doesn't see her much either, lol.  Just like her mother, always doing something.  I need to teach her how to slow down.  My daughter calls me though.  My oldest son comes by the house 2 - 3 times a week.  He doesn't call unless I send him a message saying that I am worried, because we didn't see him for a couple days.  The other two live with me.  I am lucky, my kids still keep in touch.  During the winter I had less contact from my daughter and it was bothering me.  I love having my kids around.

nana9106
by Darlene on Aug. 6, 2012 at 8:20 AM

Maybe 2-3 times a year

mommy_2_be_2010
by Member on Aug. 6, 2012 at 8:21 AM
I see my mom litterally everyday
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momma0909
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 8:28 AM
I see my children one or two times a year. It's according if I have the finances to visit. They live about a sixteen hr drive. My coldest son and I text at least five times a week. I talk to
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)