Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

It's just keeps getting worse

Posted by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 12:19 PM
  • 28 Replies

My son spent another night at a local hotel.  He called me this morning to pick him up to go to the bank and get the last of the money he got from job he lost.  Said he went across the street to convenience store, door jammed and somebody stole $110 out of his room.  Took his last $50 out of bank today to spend one last night in hotel.  I made an appointment with a preacher who runs a homeless shelter and recovery homes for men.  I was so hopeful about this, but my son says he's so angry that he doesn't want to talk to anyone about anything.  My ex called me to see how I was doing, was worried about me and my son.  Called him again while my son and I were going back to hotel.  He said with speakerphone on  "you've done more than anybody for Keith, it is his choice now".  So, Keith gives me a glaring look when he leaves my car and goes to slam door and I tell him not to.  He's soooo angry and hurt.  He has a little boy who loves him dearly and he just can't understand how this is hurting everyone.  I know he's hurting and I'm thinking that he sees things differently than everyone else.  Does he really think that I don't love him?  He says this is his last day in the hotel, next it's living in the woods.  "You can come get my stuff, razor, skateboard since I won't be needing it in the woods".   

by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 12:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:18 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 12:24 PM

Awww hugs to you hon,
How sad on his money being stolen ::sigh::
Too bad he didn't take it with him when he went across the street.
Hopefully he learns from what is going on & gets the full picture soon.
Hang in there & know we are here for you.
Tons of loving thoughts & hugs :)

Why123
by Nancy on Aug. 21, 2012 at 12:53 PM

He may be angry at you but who is he calling for help?

babygirl_1012
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 12:56 PM

Why is he living in a hotel?

lauren28512
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 1:08 PM

Quoting babygirl_1012:

See my earlier post "Did I do the right thing". 

lauren28512
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 1:11 PM

Quoting Why123:

He may be angry at you but who is he calling for help?

I don't know that he is calling anyone for help.  I've offered for him to see a counselor but he says he wants nothing to do with me.  Mentioned a homeless shelter which on average has 7 people a night.  He said he'd kiill himself before he does that.  He had been drinking this am or last night.  Smelt it on his breath.  He said he never wants to see me again.  I don't know if I've done the right thingd by kicking him out.  This is absolutely killing me.

CoeyG
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 1:11 PM
2 moms liked this

You've got to stop feeling guilty for the choices he is making.  You are not responsible for them.  He is.  You have done nothing wrong.  You can not fix his life, only he can do that and obviously he doesn't want to make the effort to do so.  That is just how it is going to be until he wants to fix it and you have to face that fact.  

babygirl_1012
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 1:13 PM

I think you are doing more than enough to help him. H eis old enough to help himself, and I dont mean to be rude, but you need to stop babying him. Sometimes our childrent need to hit rock bottom or fall on their behinds to learn a lesson. I think he is using you, because youre his mom and you would never want him to suffer, but he knows he can get away with things with you. Be strong, and stay your ground! Has he ever been diagnosed with anything mentally or emotionally?

Quoting lauren28512:

Quoting babygirl_1012:

lauren28512
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 1:17 PM

Quoting babygirl_1012:

I think you are doing more than enough to help him. H eis old enough to help himself, and I dont mean to be rude, but you need to stop babying him. Sometimes our childrent need to hit rock bottom or fall on their behinds to learn a lesson. I think he is using you, because youre his mom and you would never want him to suffer, but he knows he can get away with things with you. Be strong, and stay your ground! Has he ever been diagnosed with anything mentally or emotionally?

Quoting lauren28512:

Quoting babygirl_1012:

Severe ADD and some anxiety.

lauren28512
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 1:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting hugss:

Awww hugs to you hon,
How sad on his money being stolen ::sigh::
Too bad he didn't take it with him when he went across the street.
Hopefully he learns from what is going on & gets the full picture soon.
Hang in there & know we are here for you.
Tons of loving thoughts & hugs :)

Thanks hugss

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Aug. 21, 2012 at 1:20 PM
1 mom liked this

It sounds like he is still trying to manipulate you and make you feel guilty to me and he is angry because it is not working like it used to. He may have spent the money on alcohol/drugs or whatever and was using "somebody stole it" as a cover up.  just remember his choices are not your fault, they are his and he needs to face the consequences of those choices. Stick to your guns and stay strong!

(((hugs))))

Click on my siggy to help find a cure for cancer!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN