Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Back to School GIVEAWAY: "Is it back to school time at your home?" 3 Moms will WIN a CafeMom Coffee Mug!!

Posted by   + Show Post

It's Back to School Time!!

Is it back to school time at your home?

• If so, what grades are your kids going into or where are they going for college?
  • If not, do you miss back to school time?  What are your kids doing now?
  • What do/did you like about back to school time and what are some things you won't miss about kids going back to school?

Three members who reply to this post by September 3rd at 11pm will be chosen at random to WIN a CafeMom Coffee Mug!

teacherHere are the links to the other the Back to School Party Games:
PLAY them ALL!

Giveaway rules:

• The pack a snack giveaway starts 8/22/12 at 10am est and ends 9/3/12 at 11pm est - the "Giveaway Period".
  • Enter by replying to this post with an appropriate comment during the Giveaway Period.
  • Multiple entries are permitted and encouraged, as it increases your chances of winning.
  • Three winners will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries to receive a CafeMom coffee mug.
  • The random drawing shall occur on or about 9/15/12.
  • No Purchase Necessary.
  • Open to US residents 16 years and older.
  • Void where prohibited. Click here for the rest of the Official Rules.
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 10:48 AM
Replies (21-30):
mrs1jennings
by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 3:26 PM

i love something like this

wildkitteh05
by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 11:16 PM

DD started 1st grade this year

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Aug. 24, 2012 at 12:44 AM

I took Adrienne to the college she will be starting next week today to pick up her school ID and get what books we could. $300 for two classes worht uf books ugh! Thankfully her TAP and PELL grants are enough to cover her books as well as tuition.

dawnsama
by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 10:44 AM

My daughter will be starting 7th grade this year.  My son is 29, a LT in the US Army and will be deploying again in Sept.  Also have 3 SD who are all married with families of their own.  Miss the "running around" during the school year but don't miss the girls arguing over the bathroom...every morning.

Bmat
by Barb on Aug. 24, 2012 at 1:08 PM

I don't miss back to school time. I was sad to see the kids go away.

darmomusaf
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2012 at 7:57 AM

DD, Jami, is beginning her last semester of college. Graduation day is set for December 15. There is a light at the end of the tunnel and it is getting brighter! She will have a degree in Family and Consumer Science in Education and a minor in Special Education from Indiana University of Pennsylvania.

Sandy0904
by on Aug. 25, 2012 at 8:18 AM

Youngest is a Sophomore in College.  The other 3 work.  My husband and I work at schools.  It is an exciting time for the kids (and adults).  We see old friends and meet new ones.  For me it is a busy time because I am the Principal's Secretary and he is new.  I need to direct him at what needs to be done.  Needless to say, I will be going into work one day this weekend to make sure he has everything under control.  Can't wait until Monday, I love seeing the students (High School) on the first day.  My husband works in the Kindergarten and he loves to see their excitement of beginning school.  I miss the first day of school pictures we used to take.   Here's to a great school year for everyone!!!

group hug

Bmat
by Barb on Aug. 25, 2012 at 4:10 PM

My youngest granddaughter will be starting a new school this year, kindergarten. She was tested and needs help with reading but did well in math skills.

Bmat
by Barb on Aug. 25, 2012 at 4:10 PM

My son may take some more classes toward his degree in accounting.

smile357
by on Aug. 25, 2012 at 5:20 PM

My son is going into 5th grade this year. He is special needs student. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN