Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

My Chloe isn't doing well

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 12:54 AM
  • 49 Replies
It appears that the time to make that awful decision is about to come to my house. Poor baby has arthritis, and for the past couple of days she can barely move. I've been crying most of this evening as she slept in my arms. I just keep trying to remind myself that she is the equivalent of an almost ninety year old woman. She's been such a wonderful pet, friend, companion, confidant. This is so hard. I almost don't remember life without her. How do you make that decision??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 12:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CoeyG
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 1:02 AM

Awww I know it's hard.  I had to go through this last year with my Pebbles.  I made it when she wasn't enjjoying life as she used to.  The quality of her life had gone to nothing and I could see the suffering in her face.  While she would try.  I keep her ashes close to me here on my desk now, and I know she sent my Sophie and her co hort Phoebe to me to help me heal.  Hugs to you, I know i'ts not an easy decision to make. 

KittyGram
by Becky on Aug. 28, 2012 at 1:07 AM
She hasn't been enjoying life for a couple years now, not like she used to anyway, but it was just the loss of her sight. Otherwise she's been very healthy up till a couple months ago. And even then, she's still been healthy, she's just aged a lot.
Mostly she's just been less active over the past two years.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KittyGram
by Becky on Aug. 28, 2012 at 1:10 AM
I'm gonna take her in for an exam tomorrow if I can get in. my daughter just called and said she'll drive, so I can hold Chloe. This is going to be very difficult, since Chloe is terrified of the car.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CoeyG
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 1:44 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting KittyGram:

I'm gonna take her in for an exam tomorrow if I can get in. my daughter just called and said she'll drive, so I can hold Chloe. This is going to be very difficult, since Chloe is terrified of the car.

Awww Take along my hugs for you and Chloe.  

bumblebees
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 2:09 AM

I had to make this decision about 2 years ago with by best buddy in the whole world Sally-girl (Border Collie/ German Shepard).  She was the best pet I have ever had.  It got so bad that I was having to hold her up while she went to the bathroom.  The day I took her to the vet I stopped at the quicky-mart anf got her some beef jerky and then I went to McDonalds and we both got us a hamburger.  She now is resting under the big Oak tree in our back yard and every time I look at that tree I know she has helped make it strong.  I love and miss you Sally-girl.

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Aug. 28, 2012 at 7:21 AM

I am so sorry to hear this.  I, too, have had to face this.  It is a very difficult decision but you follow your heart and do what is best for your beloved pet.  I held our schnauzer, Tony, in my arms to comfort him at the end. He and Johnny were born a mere three months apart.  Hugs and comfort to you ...

terri-553
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2012 at 7:42 AM

hugsI am so very sorry,it is so painful,

KathrynBrooks
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 7:43 AM
bump

homeskoolmama
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 8:03 AM

Oh gosh Becky I'm so sorry!!! That is one of the hardest decisions in life. I do not relish that time for me at all.

I don't know how you make it, there has to come a point where you are willing to love her enough to let her go and only you can decide when enough is enough. I would see or call the vet, see if there are comfort measures or if that is just prolonging the agony. Love her and pray really hard for the strength to do what you have to when you have to.

HUGS and prayers for you and Chloe!!!

amylulu1
by Amy on Aug. 28, 2012 at 11:34 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm crying for you!  Please know that I am thinking of you during this tough time!  frown mini

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)