Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

How many of you are suffering from Isaac

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 12:18 PM
  • 10 Replies

Issac hasn't even made landfall and has been downgraded from a catagory 2 to a catagory 1 hurricaine and where I live in Ohio they have already raised the price of gas by $.40.  It is supposed to rain here this weekend when the remnants of Isaac work their way up to Ohio.  Are you in the path of Isaac or have you suffered any ill effects from it?

by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 12:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
homeskoolmama
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 12:41 PM

We normally get hit by the hurricanes but thankfully not this one. However gas is already going up because they say...if it hits LA and the oil refinerer we won't have supply. Crap yes we will 

CoeyG
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 1:37 PM

I can't say as we are "suffering" here but we are dealing with some decent wind (thank goodness) that has pretty much blown the humidity out of here today.  Only problem is that the wind has stirred up th epollen, especially ragweed and I am miserable today.  I was up at 5:30 am with a sneezing fit.  But so far thats it for us here in NEPA

Why123
by Nancy on Aug. 28, 2012 at 1:41 PM

We would have more than enough for us to use but they wouldn't have enough to sell to other countries for ridiculously high prices.  To make up for the losses they are charging us more.

Quoting homeskoolmama:

We normally get hit by the hurricanes but thankfully not this one. However gas is already going up because they say...if it hits LA and the oil refinerer we won't have supply. Crap yes we will 

Peacelilly814
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 2:59 PM

I live in Florida and we have had rain and thunderstorms with a lot of lightning since last week.  I was so happy when I woke up today and the sun was shining.  All we ever had here on the east coast of Florida were squalls, nothing damaging.  Goodbye Isaac.  I heard gas prices were up here too.

Peacelilly814butterfly

robin7771
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 3:04 PM

Waiting for it to attack us in Alabama. I hope all are safe and sound. Robin

atlmom2
by Susie on Aug. 28, 2012 at 4:04 PM
We need rain in Wisconsin. So bad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mac1940
by Mary Ann on Aug. 28, 2012 at 4:23 PM

No danger here in Washington but having gone through a couple hurricanes when in Corpus Christi, I am hoping that eveyone in the Gulf region will be safe and damage is kept to a minimum.   Gas prices here are sky rocketing.

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Aug. 28, 2012 at 4:35 PM

No problems here other than rising gas prices

Bmat
by Barb on Aug. 29, 2012 at 9:20 AM

So this is why gas prices have gone up!

Quoting homeskoolmama:

Bmat
by Barb on Aug. 29, 2012 at 9:20 AM

We are supposed to get some much needed rain from the after effects.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)