Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

What Is

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 8:22 PM
  • 9 Replies

The bravest thing you ever did?  Stand up to someone?  Leave an abusive relationship?  Defend your child?  Move somewhere far away on  your own?  Share, please. 

by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 8:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
CoeyG
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Packed up a u-haul truck and drove by myself with two dogs from New York to California after Shannon's dad and I separated

caro100
by Carol on Aug. 29, 2012 at 1:34 AM

Probably it was leaving my marriage after 20 years.  No physical abuse,  but a lot of negativity.

Bmat
by Barb on Aug. 29, 2012 at 9:15 AM

I guess leaving my job with dignity instead of causing an uproar.

homeskoolmama
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 9:31 AM

All of the above. 

Getting married at 16 and moving across country to a different life with no clue! From country girl to Army wife in 2.0 seconds

Right now, fighting for my son against his gf parents and dealing with all this crap

FHC1
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 9:52 AM
2 yrs ago my nephew took his life. My family fell apart, I took the reigns.... told my parents their grandson had passed, went to morgue to ID and talk to coroner, ,planned wake and funeral, cooked for everyone for days as we sat around like shocked war victims. Looking back, how did I do it???
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LEK19
by Platinum Member on Aug. 29, 2012 at 5:30 PM

All of those except I have never moved far away on my own. I think the scariest was leaving an abusive husband. After all the threats on my life and all of our lives I did not know what to expect. You read about such horror stories. Thankful nothing happened. He moved on rather quickly. Then he died in a car accident a couple of months later. Sounds awful but after he died, it was the first time I slept well since abuse had started. Helping two little boys through it all was very difficult. Yeah, you wonder where you get the strength but somehow you just dig down deep and find it.

DesignGirl450
by Lynda on Aug. 29, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Quoting FHC1:

2 yrs ago my nephew took his life. My family fell apart, I took the reigns.... told my parents their grandson had passed, went to morgue to ID and talk to coroner, ,planned wake and funeral, cooked for everyone for days as we sat around like shocked war victims. Looking back, how did I do it???

Wow, that is tragic, and terribly tough for you to do all that.  

jurnee14
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 12:14 AM

probably leaving my abusive husband. Left with nothing but my 3 kids, went back to school and 2 yrs later bought a house for me and my kids. Probably the scariest time of my life, but alos proudest.

nana9106
by Darlene on Aug. 31, 2012 at 4:56 PM

I'm not sure...I will have to give it some tought

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)