Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

house-guest update (pictures added)

Posted by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 8:41 AM
  • 67 Replies

Well, it has been an interesting few days, feels like weeks.

My bff/sissy and her man are here. The first few days was a real challenge. They are used to sleeping most of the day and staying up all night. They love loud music and watch a lot of cable.

We have no stereo and no cable. We sleep at night and work/do stuff during the day. Since they are in the living room, no door, this has been one challenge.

They are vegan, this is another challenge. The first few days they ate bananas, water and cereal then would leave and go eat out. Next challenge, their money has run out!! Now I'm trying to figure out how to feed 6 adults, two of whom are vegan, on the same income I had. Challenge

She is very OCD/germaphopic...we have animals and lots of them. However,she has done surprisingly well with that.

Next challenge they are VERY open and affectionate. We are not. We feel that is a private matter. I don't want to see you sucking face and climbing all over each other. They can't, won't, keep their hands off each other. EVER they go to the bathroom together. Shower together AND leave the door open! Challenge!!

Last night they were in the drive way in their car....for hours! THANK GOD they finally took it outside! I swear its like living with horny rabbits.

No job, no money, no place to live, I am surrounded by boxes LITERALLY I took pictures I have to load and show you what I mean. My house looks like a hoarder right now . Challenge, that is driving me NUTS.

Challenge, they leave all the lights on. I pay the bill and it is HIGH enough already. They take hour long showers. Two a day! At least they aren't dirty I know.

She will go out to a restaurant and eat whatever is put in front of her, without meat, and not question what is in it. I serve her fresh raw or vegan food and she plays 20 questions with me about what's in it and wants to see the package! REALLY?!?!? OK that is probably the biggest challenge, her questioning my integrity. I have NEVER given her reason NOT to trust me! We did talk about that and she apologized , said she did not know she was doing it. Really? ugh

I am trying, I really am. BUT, well, excuse me DAD DUM DING DANG DOODEE this is hard!

OK thank you for that vent :-)

This is just one room! You can barely find my computer/desk, the washer/dryer or the fridge!

PLUS our 10x10 storage blg that is so full air can't even pass through AND there are boxes in my living room.

A few boxes she said! HA

by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 8:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
robin7771
by Bronze Member on Aug. 30, 2012 at 8:51 AM

How long are they staying? Wooo. Let them know love your company, but I really can't afford you taking long showers and leaving lights all on. Be polite and ask them where are they going next. Best luck! Robin

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Aug. 30, 2012 at 8:56 AM
3 moms liked this

Colleen hasn't replied yet and I can already hear her - "give them a list of the nearest shelters!"  lol.  This sounds worse than grown kids.  But yet why can't they go to a homeless shelter?  They ARE homeless, right?  I hope they figure something out - SOON - for your sanity!   You definitely don't need all these challenges! 

nana9106
by Darlene on Aug. 30, 2012 at 9:19 AM

IDK...I know you love them and you want to help them out but, I think I would have to ask them to find someplace else to go.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 10:37 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 9:27 AM

How long are they there for?
You're a better person than I am, LOL
Good luck with them & all the challenges :)

louannwilkins
by Louann on Aug. 30, 2012 at 9:34 AM

I'm sorry Dawn but your friends are rude.  Seriously.  WTH???  It seems that they have no respect for you or your house.  I think they should figure out something else.  It's not your problem.  You can only help people who try to help themselves and I know money is a struggle for most of us without having added people.  Hugs to you!!!!

busygramma4
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 9:35 AM

Dawn you know better! You've posted solutions here for mothers w/ problems w/ kids! I think you've given them enough help esp since they've spent their money on going out and eating out at the restaurants instead of helping you. Any hints they're looking for somewhere else to live and that they're looking for jobs?

amylulu1
by Amy on Aug. 30, 2012 at 9:42 AM
No. Way. There is no way I could deal with that...especially with everything that you've got going on right now. Give them a time limit. Like October 1st...that gives them plenty of time to find jobs and save money for somewhere to live. If they don't...hand them coey's list. By the way, suzeebloch...I literally lol'd at that! So true! And no offense to colleen...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Why123
by Nancy on Aug. 30, 2012 at 9:46 AM

When did you take them to raise?  The lord helps thos who help themselves and they don't sound like they are even attempting to help themselves.  They are taking advantage of your friendship.  Like Ronna said, think in Coey terms.

EireLass
by Gold Member on Aug. 30, 2012 at 10:03 AM

Are they putting water on their cereal? I know, sounds like a dumb question. But a real vegan wouldn't be putting milk on it.

I would probably sit down with your husband and them and tell their lifestyle has really been upsetting your household. You let it go for a few days, thinking they'd only be there a few days, but now it's time for them to conform to your way of living in YOUR HOUSE. Tell them where the Welfare office is and tell them they need to go there now.

homeskoolmama
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 10:07 AM

It is an undetermined amount of time. I plan on talking with them today.

Quoting robin7771:

How long are they staying? Wooo. Let them know love your company, but I really can't afford you taking long showers and leaving lights all on. Be polite and ask them where are they going next. Best luck! Robin

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN