Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Oh Wow!

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 5:45 PM
  • 18 Replies
I'm babysitting my step daughters 4 yr old right now. And she is being a huge brat! She's getting mouthy and is complaining that my 18mo old is taking too long of a nap cause she wants to go to the park. Andall she wants to do is snack on junk food all day and I know that will ruin her appetite, cause my SD always complains the her DD never eats dinner. Well don't you think if you cut out all the whole day snacking 1) her daughter won't be so damn chunky and 2) will eat dinner. I honestly don't know if I can watch her anymore today and my SD won't be here till after 8p. Just now she was asking hen she is gonna eat again cause I'm not gonna sit here and let her fill up on junk and then listen to her say she's not hungry when its time for dinner. My dh and I didn't raise my SD to be that way so why is she raising her DD to be this way. Sorry but I needed to vent cause I'm exhausted. She wouldn't go to sleep last night till 1:30 this am (apparently this is normal for her) and my son woke up early. So I'm running on little sleep which isn't helping my mood plus I'm in to my PMDD cycle right now. Love the kid but its time for her to go home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 5:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mariagma3
by Silver Member on Aug. 31, 2012 at 6:01 PM

Put some cartoons on for her. She'll maybe be quiet for awhile, and possibly fall asleep! Good luck~!

rkkeller13
by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 6:17 PM
I am once again being tortured by a Barbie movie. This is the 5th one today. And quiet not so much she's trying to sing a long with it, only getting some of the words and mumbling the rest. I'm gonna claw my eyes out soon. And I wished she would fall asleep but she won't nap. I take a nap everyday with my son. So I'm tired, lol. This lol girl is gonna have problems when she starts 4k on this up coming Tuesday. Again love this girl to death but her mother is definitely raising her to be a brat. And let me add she just now asked for junk food again. I told her she won't starve to death in the time it takes to make dinner. It won't hurt her if she lost a lil weight. She's 4yrs old and wears a size 7 in girls. And even those are tight on her.

Quoting Mariagma3:

Put some cartoons on for her. She'll maybe be quiet for awhile, and possibly fall asleep! Good luck~!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
caro100
by Carol on Aug. 31, 2012 at 6:32 PM

Where's Grandpa?  He should be there too  Sorry that you are getting the brunt of it.  My MIL and FIL kept grandkids that had a big age gap and frequently grandpa took the older one to do things, such as going to the park etc.  After a while they made seperate times to have different kids, you guys don't have that luxury.  I would do like my grandmother did me and ignore me, literally, not hear me, even screaming, finally she would act surprised and say were you talking to me, I can't hear people who talk mean to me.  It got the point across and when ever i got that way, until I got courteous there was NO dialogue at all.

rkkeller13
by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 6:40 PM
Unfortunately my DH works 2nd shift so he's not here. Most of the time I ignore the snotty tone and the whining. When I've had enough I tell her she needs to stop or she will have a time out in a chair while my son and I play and she can sit there and watch us have fun when she can't cause she was sassing off. It works for a while. I only have 2 and half hours left and hopefully my SD gets here on time cause my son and I are gonna go to bed early tonight. I couldn't even get my walk in today cause, I know if I took her with, all I would hear is complaining. I guess I do double the miles tomorrow to make up for it, lol.

Quoting caro100:

Where's Grandpa?  He should be there too  Sorry that you are getting the brunt of it.  My MIL and FIL kept grandkids that had a big age gap and frequently grandpa took the older one to do things, such as going to the park etc.  After a while they made seperate times to have different kids, you guys don't have that luxury.  I would do like my grandmother did me and ignore me, literally, not hear me, even screaming, finally she would act surprised and say were you talking to me, I can't hear people who talk mean to me.  It got the point across and when ever i got that way, until I got courteous there was NO dialogue at all.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
caro100
by Carol on Aug. 31, 2012 at 6:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Well you have my sympathy, because I had my SD who was 6 years older than her brothers, so I do feel your pain, we only had her weekends and she was snotty as well, but  DH did some things with her and otherwise, she just had to deal.  Makes my eye twitch remembering LOL

Quoting rkkeller13:

Unfortunately my DH works 2nd shift so he's not here. Most of the time I ignore the snotty tone and the whining. When I've had enough I tell her she needs to stop or she will have a time out in a chair while my son and I play and she can sit there and watch us have fun when she can't cause she was sassing off. It works for a while. I only have 2 and half hours left and hopefully my SD gets here on time cause my son and I are gonna go to bed early tonight. I couldn't even get my walk in today cause, I know if I took her with, all I would hear is complaining. I guess I do double the miles tomorrow to make up for it, lol.

Quoting caro100:

amylulu1
by Amy on Aug. 31, 2012 at 6:47 PM

Vent away!  It's easy to be annoyed by minor things when you are sleep deprived.  You are most likely also used to a certain routine during the day and it's throwing it off by having her there.  I'm thinking 4 is young enough that she should have had nap time as well so that you could take a small rest.  I don't know where you are, but I am CST and 8 is not too far away!  Count to 10 sloowwwlly... ;)

Shellness
by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 6:52 PM

You should have just offered her all of the fuit and veggies she wanted. That wouldn't affect her weight at all.

rkkeller13
by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 6:55 PM
I'm in Wisconsin so yes 8p isn't far, as long as my SD is on time. And your right we do have a routine and its completely thrown it to the wind. I like my nap, lol. And my son is starting to pick up on her whining and is doing it too. He never acts like this. So this is making me nuts, lol. With sleep loss and having PMDD (premenstrual dysforic(?) disorder) is making it a bit more difficult to keep from tearing out my hair, lol. I have to laugh or I'll scream.

Quoting amylulu1:

Vent away!  It's easy to be annoyed by minor things when you are sleep deprived.  You are most likely also used to a certain routine during the day and it's throwing it off by having her there.  I'm thinking 4 is young enough that she should have had nap time as well so that you could take a small rest.  I don't know where you are, but I am CST and 8 is not too far away!  Count to 10 sloowwwlly... ;)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rkkeller13
by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 6:57 PM
I could and would if she would eat it. She wants fruit snacks and cinnamon rolls and chips and candy. I don't even keep half that in the house. The only reason there's cinnamon rolls is cause I baked them this am.

Quoting Shellness:

You should have just offered her all of the fuit and veggies she wanted. That wouldn't affect her weight at all.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rkkeller13
by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 7:01 PM
I'm starting to develope a twitch myself. Especially if I step on one more sharp toy that is strewn across my livingroom. I should take a pic at how destroyed my livingroom is right now.

Quoting caro100:

Well you have my sympathy, because I had my SD who was 6 years older than her brothers, so I do feel your pain, we only had her weekends and she was snotty as well, but  DH did some things with her and otherwise, she just had to deal.  Makes my eye twitch remembering LOL

Quoting rkkeller13:

Quoting caro100:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN