Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Sept 4 Question

Posted by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 3:06 PM
  • 32 Replies

What is your favorite restaurant in your area? Is it a local mom and pop or chain?

by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 3:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
homeskoolmama
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 3:07 PM

I love Logan's ,its a chain. Carolina Ale House, a chain. PapaJack's a local mom and pop. MiCasita, local.

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Sep. 4, 2012 at 3:11 PM

A localy owned place called Spragues but I nevr go thre because I can't afford it.

homeskoolmama
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 3:25 PM

I know that feeling. We try to go out at least once a month whether we can afford it or not. It honestly helps us not to overspend in other areas.

We do lunch because it's cheaper and sometimes we just get a dessert.

Quoting LadySaphira:

A localy owned place called Spragues but I nevr go thre because I can't afford it.

Marinefranksmom
by Bronze Member on Sep. 4, 2012 at 4:06 PM

We actually have 3 favorites, an elegant restaurant for very special occasions, a good Italian restaurant for any occasion, or just a great dinner, and a casual restaurant we've been enjoying for over 30 years.  For special dinners, there's a very elegant restaurant nearby.  Called The Stony Hill, it's in a restored Dutch farmhouse with several rooms added on.  It is famous for their food & elegant atmosphere & many weddings & parties are held there, including our own wedding dinner 27 years ago.  It's quite expensive but the food & ambiance are wonderful.  We went there for our 25th anniversary & our "kids'" 1 month anniversary; we sat at a table once occupied by Pres. George H.W. Bush & Mrs. Barbara Bush, and ate & drank & ordered desserts & spent over $325.00!  But, so worth it.  We treated ourselves & our son & his bride as he was deploying to Afghanistan 6 weeks later.  Then there's an Italian restaurant called Dolce Novita about 2 miles from us.  The service is elegant but comfortable & the food is delicious & reasonably priced by local standards.  For very casual, delicious meals, on our "date nights" we've been going to, for over 30 years,  Rutts Hut in Clifton, NJ, which has been featured on several Food Network shows.  DH loves the deep fried hot dogs & the chopped steak platter.  I usually order my faves, eggplant & shrimp parmagiana, or skirt steak smothered in peppers & onions, or the Greek souvlaki platter.  We both love the Manhattan clam chowder & their signature fried onion rings & cucumber salad.  We live in the northern NJ area not far from NYC & there are tons of good restaurants of all kinds, but these are our personal faves.

GabbiSue
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 4:14 PM

Manns Grill and it is so a greasy spoon ! but the best Manhattans I've ever had and 1serving will feed 2 adults easy but we usually get 2 cause one will want beef and the other will want turkey.  lol  

CoeyG
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 4:56 PM

Cooper's, it is a local seafood place.  On you birthday (they make you show your id) you get a free lobster tail dinner.  

http://www.coopers-seafood.com/Scranton/index.php

kuntrylady56
by Gold Member on Sep. 4, 2012 at 5:36 PM

For Italian its Bambinos a little locally owned place that has delicious food and reasonable prices.And when we want to go alittle fancy for Italian we go to OLive Garden(chain).And we're lucky to have awesome Mexican resturaunts here and mostly mom and pops,are favorite is Los Amigos,large helpings and good prices and the people there are very friendly. And for just good homemade country cooking we eat at Cedars which is a mom and pop,they have some of the best country fried steak ya ever tasted.And ya get a whole dinner of steak,mashed potatos with gravy,veggies and homemade yeast roll for 5.95.

darmomusaf
by Gold Member on Sep. 4, 2012 at 8:09 PM

We really like Chinese and there are several in our area. I like Spragues too, but we don't go very often at all!

louannwilkins
by Louann on Sep. 4, 2012 at 8:15 PM

Well....I love Texas Roadhouse and Olive Garden and probably a whole lot more that I can't think of right this second.  lol  I love to go out to eat

KittyGram
by Becky on Sep. 4, 2012 at 10:14 PM
My two favorites are Chipotle (chain) and an Indian restaurant (small local franchise, 3 locations) by the name of The Himalayan. Great food!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN