Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

I am ready for fall and some cooler temps, how about you?

What are some things you enjoy about fall? Campfires, roasting marshmellows, cooler temps, sweaters, fall leaves...do tell.

by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 10:36 AM
Replies (11-20):
campingmomof4
by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 1:22 PM

Fall leaves and cool temps. 

homeskoolmama
by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 2:02 PM

Yes, only probably is, winter time is when the bug population dies...that has been our problem this spring and summer. Our winter was not harsh enough so we are over run with bugs! ugh

Quoting hugss:

Winter needs to be skipped over

Quoting homeskoolmama:

I am not looking forward to winter but love fall.

Quoting hugss:

Maybe just the cooler temps, LOL
I do like the colors of the leaves :)
Only because I know what comes *after* fall ::gasp::

homeskoolmama
by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 2:03 PM

The winter/cold makes me hurt terribly but the heat really does me in as well. I enjoy fall and spring milder temps are perfect for me.

Quoting EireLass:

We moved in December, so we haven't had fall here yet. We'll see how this goes. Although we stayed in New England....we're in a much colder area. I have a feeling it'll be colder than we're used to, and not lasting as long as we're used to.

I really like summer most. I like the heat, it works well for my body. We are in the woods, so I think it'll be really pretty.

homeskoolmama
by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 2:04 PM

Well, my sissy and her man are in Chicago as of last night. According to facebook, I have not heard from her.

Want me to give her your number? LOL

I would NOT do that to you!

Quoting KittyGram:

My only problem with fall is that winter comes next.  I live in Chicagoland, so we can get some doozies in the winter. 

I love fall itself, though.  I love the crisp air, the autumny smells, picking apples, making apple crisp... the crunching leaves under my feet.......  October is one of my two favorite months, weather-wise (April is the other).  Now if only we could skip winter and go straight to spring, all would be great!!!! 

homeskoolmama
by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 2:05 PM

ahh yes

Quoting campingmomof4:

Fall leaves and cool temps. 

KittyGram
by Becky on Sep. 5, 2012 at 2:06 PM

Ummmmmmmmm............ no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   : )

Believe me, I used to have a very hard time saying no, but they wouldn't like me very much these days.  I'd piss them off within minutes!!!!! 

Quoting homeskoolmama:

Well, my sissy and her man are in Chicago as of last night. According to facebook, I have not heard from her.

Quoting KittyGram:

My only problem with fall is that winter comes next.  I live in Chicagoland, so we can get some doozies in the winter. 

I love fall itself, though.  I love the crisp air, the autumny smells, picking apples, making apple crisp... the crunching leaves under my feet.......  October is one of my two favorite months, weather-wise (April is the other).  Now if only we could skip winter and go straight to spring, all would be great!!!! 

homeskoolmama
by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 2:12 PM

When they first arrived in IL 2 weeks ago and then didn't stay. She called and asked me didn't I have friends in the area. I said yes, a couple of different ones. She wanted me to contact each one and see if they could go stay with one of them?!?! WHAT you don't even know them and isn't that rude.

I could just hear the conversation now. Hey Betty, we grew up together and reconnected 5 years ago. You've been to see my and I need a favor. My bff/sissy and her man, a truck load of crap, need somewhere to stay. How about your place?

NO WAY 

I could not believe she wanted me to do that...oh well. They are gone now. No word. Saw on facebook they are there and "it is so gorgeous I love it" HA 2 weeks ago she hated it! ugh

Quoting KittyGram:

Believe me, I used to have a very hard time saying no, but they wouldn't like me very much these days.  I'd piss them off within minutes!!!!! 

Quoting homeskoolmama:

Quoting KittyGram:

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:46 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 2:43 PM

Actually you are right about that,
So we need winter for just a short time to kill thyem off :)

Quoting homeskoolmama:

Yes, only probably is, winter time is when the bug population dies...that has been our problem this spring and summer. Our winter was not harsh enough so we are over run with bugs! ugh

Quoting hugss:

Winter needs to be skipped over

Quoting homeskoolmama:

I am not looking forward to winter but love fall.

Quoting hugss:

Maybe just the cooler temps, LOL
I do like the colors of the leaves :)
Only because I know what comes *after* fall ::gasp::

Join us at
Time Out for You

louannwilkins
by Louann on Sep. 5, 2012 at 2:45 PM

Theres just a smell in the air and it "feels" different to me.  Theres something in the air!!  lol  It's warm days and cool nights....sweater time....it's just my fav time of the year.  Never lasts long here. 

KittyGram
by Becky on Sep. 5, 2012 at 3:08 PM

Well, a change of attitude might do her some good!  Might be a blessing that "it is gorgeous" now!!!!  

Two weeks ago she hated it probably because she wanted YOU to take care of her.  Now she knows that's not gonna happen, and she'd better make the most of her situation.  Attitude plays a big part in how life turns out!  (Or as my boss would say, "You make your life".) 

Quoting homeskoolmama:

I could not believe she wanted me to do that...oh well. They are gone now. No word. Saw on facebook they are there and "it is so gorgeous I love it" HA 2 weeks ago she hated it! ugh

Quoting KittyGram:

Quoting homeskoolmama:

Quoting KittyGram:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)