Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

I am ready for fall and some cooler temps, how about you?

What are some things you enjoy about fall? Campfires, roasting marshmellows, cooler temps, sweaters, fall leaves...do tell.

by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 10:36 AM
Replies (21-30):
gmadiane
by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 3:26 PM

not having to run the ac constantly, cooler temps, fluffy sweaters, home made soups and bread

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Sep. 5, 2012 at 3:45 PM

I agree with a lot of the posts, going from Fall to Spring would be the ideal.  Winter is not anything I look forward to; in fact I dread it.  I love watching the colors of fall, flowers and leaves.  I like the different way we eat with the soups and comfort foods.  There is not much I don't like about it.

nana9106
by Darlene on Sep. 5, 2012 at 3:51 PM

We don't really have 'seasons' here. We have scorching hot and freaking cold. LOL

So I wouldn't have a favorite thing about fall

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Sep. 5, 2012 at 4:15 PM

I love the smell of woodfires and the sound of leaves crunching under my feet.

darmomusaf
by Gold Member on Sep. 5, 2012 at 4:17 PM

Love the colors of the leaves and the cooler temps, but I really love that it is football season! Love going to high school games on Friday nights and watching the band half time shows. 

Shellness
by Michell on Sep. 5, 2012 at 4:30 PM

I can only dream. The best I can hope for is to not have a heat stroke 3 minutes after I step outside. I never even put on a jacket last year. I hope we have a more normal year and some cooler temps this year.

DesignGirl450
by Lynda on Sep. 5, 2012 at 4:32 PM

No, no, a thousand times no!!   I love summer and the weather is no beautiful here, and I love my garden and eating dinner out on the sundeck.   Fall, winter and spring are so wet here that I start to dread the fall season.  So saying, though, we can have nice Octobers, and I do like Halloween.   Dawn, I guess you must live in one of those places that gets the horrendously hot summers, so I understand your looking towards the change. 

CoeyG
by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 6:33 PM

Nope I don't want cooler temps, I just want low humidity.  The only things I like about fall are my birthday and Halloween.

busygramma4
by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 9:05 PM

changing colors, pumpkins, apple picking, apple cider

jurnee14
by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 11:10 PM

I love the fall, but sadly, since Im in florida, it will probably be mid december at least before it starts feeling fallish. If we are lucky. I miss the leaves the most, the colors, the smell, and the clothing, I love boots and jackets and sweaters.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)