Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

I am ready for fall and some cooler temps, how about you?

What are some things you enjoy about fall? Campfires, roasting marshmellows, cooler temps, sweaters, fall leaves...do tell.

by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 10:36 AM
Replies (31-40):
homeskoolmama
by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 3:28 PM

Right now it smells humid...but yes it does smell different. Like after a good rain the air smells clean. Love it

Quoting louannwilkins:

Theres just a smell in the air and it "feels" different to me.  Theres something in the air!!  lol  It's warm days and cool nights....sweater time....it's just my fav time of the year.  Never lasts long here. 

homeskoolmama
by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 3:29 PM

I love it when we have that month or so of cool weather and no heat or a/c is needed, cuts my electric bill which is always nice.

Quoting gmadiane:

not having to run the ac constantly, cooler temps, fluffy sweaters, home made soups and bread

homeskoolmama
by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 3:30 PM

I love the change of the leaves!

Quoting mac1940:

I agree with a lot of the posts, going from Fall to Spring would be the ideal.  Winter is not anything I look forward to; in fact I dread it.  I love watching the colors of fall, flowers and leaves.  I like the different way we eat with the soups and comfort foods.  There is not much I don't like about it.

homeskoolmama
by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 3:31 PM

boo for no seasons!

Quoting nana9106:

We don't really have 'seasons' here. We have scorching hot and freaking cold. LOL

So I wouldn't have a favorite thing about fall

homeskoolmama
by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 3:31 PM

me too

Quoting LadySaphira:

I love the smell of woodfires and the sound of leaves crunching under my feet.

homeskoolmama
by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 3:32 PM

Not into football, sitting on hard bleachers, freezing my patootee off. :-)

Quoting darmomusaf:

Love the colors of the leaves and the cooler temps, but I really love that it is football season! Love going to high school games on Friday nights and watching the band half time shows. 

homeskoolmama
by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 3:36 PM

You and Darlene and your year round hot...I'll pass.

Quoting Shellness:

I can only dream. The best I can hope for is to not have a heat stroke 3 minutes after I step outside. I never even put on a jacket last year. I hope we have a more normal year and some cooler temps this year.

caro100
by Carol on Sep. 6, 2012 at 3:37 PM

I am ready for cooler weather, although I have to say, fall is my LEAST favorite time of year, due to the fact  that I have 5 100 year old oak trees in my yard.  Do you have any idea how many leaves just one oak tree produces?  It takes 3 bouts of leaf raking and disposal to get most of it.  In October, in November, and then finally most of leaves are off by January, but then you have to fight snow and cold to get the rest of the leaves.  Well, I'm finished whining...almost, and I also have allergies, from mold and dust.  Waahh!

homeskoolmama
by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 3:37 PM

VERY hot summer, mild winter, great fall and spring time! But spring is too short for me and summer is here all too soon and too long.

Quoting DesignGirl450:

No, no, a thousand times no!!   I love summer and the weather is no beautiful here, and I love my garden and eating dinner out on the sundeck.   Fall, winter and spring are so wet here that I start to dread the fall season.  So saying, though, we can have nice Octobers, and I do like Halloween.   Dawn, I guess you must live in one of those places that gets the horrendously hot summers, so I understand your looking towards the change. 

homeskoolmama
by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 3:38 PM

Low humidity! that would be nice.

Quoting CoeyG:

Nope I don't want cooler temps, I just want low humidity.  The only things I like about fall are my birthday and Halloween.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN