Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

I am ready for fall and some cooler temps, how about you?

What are some things you enjoy about fall? Campfires, roasting marshmellows, cooler temps, sweaters, fall leaves...do tell.

by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 10:36 AM
Replies (41-46):
homeskoolmama
by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 3:39 PM

Closest apple picking is 4 hours away :(

Quoting busygramma4:

changing colors, pumpkins, apple picking, apple cider

homeskoolmama
by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 3:39 PM

You and Shell...hot hot hot  Fla.

Quoting jurnee14:

I love the fall, but sadly, since Im in florida, it will probably be mid december at least before it starts feeling fallish. If we are lucky. I miss the leaves the most, the colors, the smell, and the clothing, I love boots and jackets and sweaters.

homeskoolmama
by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 3:42 PM

I get that. We have over 75 dogwood trees and TONS of leaves. We will not rake until they all fall off. Then we cheat and use the blower :-)

Quoting caro100:

I am ready for cooler weather, although I have to say, fall is my LEAST favorite time of year, due to the fact  that I have 5 100 year old oak trees in my yard.  Do you have any idea how many leaves just one oak tree produces?  It takes 3 bouts of leaf raking and disposal to get most of it.  In October, in November, and then finally most of leaves are off by January, but then you have to fight snow and cold to get the rest of the leaves.  Well, I'm finished whining...almost, and I also have allergies, from mold and dust.  Waahh!

caro100
by Carol on Sep. 6, 2012 at 3:51 PM

We use a blower in addition to rakes.  It usually is a 7 pick up bedload to get it to the recycling site, we have a burn ban in our town.  I do like them because they shield, my bedroom, and keep it cooler in the summer.

Quoting homeskoolmama:

I get that. We have over 75 dogwood trees and TONS of leaves. We will not rake until they all fall off. Then we cheat and use the blower :-)

Quoting caro100:

I am ready for cooler weather, although I have to say, fall is my LEAST favorite time of year, due to the fact  that I have 5 100 year old oak trees in my yard.  Do you have any idea how many leaves just one oak tree produces?  It takes 3 bouts of leaf raking and disposal to get most of it.  In October, in November, and then finally most of leaves are off by January, but then you have to fight snow and cold to get the rest of the leaves.  Well, I'm finished whining...almost, and I also have allergies, from mold and dust.  Waahh!

tinysmom160
by Bronze Member on Sep. 6, 2012 at 10:40 PM

The fair this week,the fall leafs and halloween!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lostosbourne
by on Sep. 7, 2012 at 10:19 AM

Fall is my favorite season. My favorite thing is going to my moms on a crisp fall day and burning leaves in the fire pit. I love the smell and the feel of the fire. The crackling of the leaves, the kids jumping in the leaves and having leaf fights. Drinking hot cocoa and then sitting around the fire when its dark out and just talking and sharing. I have a huge family so when we all get together its lots of fun.

I LOVE MY CRAZY FAMILY!!

Audi aka LostOsbourne

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)