Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you still in touch with your child's childhood friends?

Posted by on Sep. 8, 2012 at 10:53 AM
  • 40 Replies

I see a couple of my sons' friend in passing, but not really in touch with them, sadly. I really enjoyed knowing some of them.

by on Sep. 8, 2012 at 10:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Marinefranksmom
by Bronze Member on Sep. 8, 2012 at 11:33 AM

Not directly, although I like most of my son's friends.  Because my son lives 5 states away, I don't see his friends unless he's here visiting & then they are always welcome.  They stay in touch with him on Facebook & I will stay in touch with them when they comment to him or admire my grandson's photos.  And, I keep up with my son.  PS - he is the only one of his friends who is married & a parent, the only one that isn't still living at home or going to school on the parents' dime.  They are all 26 -27yrs old.

atlmom2
by Gold Member on Sep. 8, 2012 at 11:50 AM
We have moved too much. Only lived here 7 years.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
suzeebloch
by Ronna on Sep. 8, 2012 at 11:58 AM

No, I do not.  Johnny moved to California 4+ years ago for college (I live in Kansas) and I moved from his childhood home so I don't see any of his friends.  I am friends with some of Jessica's childhood friends on Facebook but I don't go to Facebook too often so the answer to her is also no. 

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Sep. 8, 2012 at 12:03 PM

I do keep in touch with a couple of my daughter's friends from her teen years - or should I say they keep in touch with me,  dropping by to say hello when they are in the neighborhood.  My son's childhood friends I only see when son is home.  I did like their friends or at least most of them.

Why123
by Nancy on Sep. 8, 2012 at 12:37 PM

My son's best friend was here a lot.  They had been friends for 21 years.  Unfortunately he died suddenly a few weeks back so I won't be seeing him any more.  My youngest daughter has a friend that she has known since 2nd gade that she is still in touch with but I haven't really heard from her in a while.

Bmat
by Barb on Sep. 8, 2012 at 12:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I am terribly sorry. How sad.

Quoting Why123:

My son's best friend was here a lot.  They had been friends for 21 years.  Unfortunately he died suddenly a few weeks back so I won't be seeing him any more.  My youngest daughter has a friend that she has known since 2nd gade that she is still in touch with but I haven't really heard from her in a while.

CoeyG
by on Sep. 8, 2012 at 12:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes most of them are on Shannon's Face Book and every once in awhile they will email me through FB or they will give Shannon a message. 

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 1:35 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Hugs on Sep. 8, 2012 at 12:44 PM

Not really,
We moved so ..

Join us at
Time Out for You

rosebud727
by Rose on Sep. 8, 2012 at 1:21 PM

Yes, some still drop by the house.

EireLass
by Gold Member on Sep. 8, 2012 at 1:51 PM

No....more the ones they made in high school and since then.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)