Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom in hospital

Posted by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 12:11 PM
  • 20 Replies

My mother is in the hospital- hasn't been eating and has just been sleeping in bed for a couple weeks. My sister is her caregiver and insisted that this was Mom's choice, and I've been getting more and more anxious. But two nights ago Mom wasn't able to get up, so my sister called the ambulance, and last night after a grueling day of Mom being in the emergency room a bed was found for her in the hospital and she was admitted. She is getting treatment, so I think the prognosis is good now, and I'm going over in a little bit to see her.

Just wanted my friends here to know that I may not be able to be here very often the next few days.

Thursday ujpdate:  Her infection is going down and she seems much brighter today than for a while. Still not moving around, but they are planning to send her home tomorrow.  Maybe between my husband and myself we can get her into the house. We were told today about home health care physical therapist who may come as early as Sunday to help her gain strength.

by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 12:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DesignGirl450
by Lynda on Sep. 12, 2012 at 12:14 PM

So sorry.  Have the doctors given her a diagnosis as to why she hasn't been eating?

homeskoolmama
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 12:29 PM

Sorry to hear this Barb. Will pray for your mom!

CoeyG
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 12:38 PM

Sorry to hear about your mom.  I'm not basshing but your sister should have made sure you mom got up and about and didn't just stay in bed.  That is what caused her to be unable to get out of bed when she wanted.  That is what the job of caregiver is, to make sure the person in need keeps active and alert, in order to stay out of hospital.  

Why123
by Nancy on Sep. 12, 2012 at 1:27 PM

I know this is rough.  Will pray.

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Sep. 12, 2012 at 2:18 PM

Hope all goes well and that your mom is feeling much better very soon.

kuntrylady56
by Gold Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 2:22 PM

Will be sending up prayers for your Mom as well as you in your family.praying

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Sep. 12, 2012 at 2:34 PM

Hope your mom recovers quickly

louannwilkins
by Louann on Sep. 12, 2012 at 6:01 PM

I'm so sorry about your mom.  Please keep us updated.  I will remember her in my prayers.   

Esmrlda
by Esme on Sep. 12, 2012 at 6:08 PM

Wishing your mother the best!

jabs54
by Jeanine on Sep. 12, 2012 at 9:11 PM

So sorry to hear that Barb.  I hope it's nothing serious.  Keep us posted.

praying

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)