Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sing--out loud!

Posted by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 6:23 PM
  • 22 Replies

Do you sing out loud? Do you and did you sing to your babies? 

Ever been in a choir or singing group?

(I was just belting out Aerosmith and thought of this question, lol)

by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 6:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LadySaphira
by Lisa on Sep. 12, 2012 at 6:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I often sing out loud when listening to music. My poor family!

jurnee14
by Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 7:02 PM

when Im driving to work, its like my own personal concert,lol. I also sing in the shower and around the house(all badly,lol) I aways sang to my kids, lullabies or classic rock, or whatever was on the radio. As they got older they dont like it as much,lol. 

KittyGram
by Becky on Sep. 12, 2012 at 7:06 PM

I sing  a lot! When I was young, I had a great voice.  In Jr. High and High school I was in choir, competed in comptetions.  Since then, i've been in a church choir a few  times off and on,.  I sang to my daughter when she was growing up, she and I still sing certain songs together.  My grandkids love when I sing to them!!!

CoeyG
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 8:50 PM

Do you sing out loud?  You should hear me in the car LOL

Do you and did you sing to your babies? Yes I did sing to Shannon all the time, her favorite was "Dream a Little Dream With Me"

Ever been in a choir or singing group?  Yes I was in Choir from 7th through 12th grades in school.  

Marinefranksmom
by Bronze Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 8:56 PM

Singing is my favorite thing to do!  My Dad taught me my first song when I was 5 & I've been singing ever since.  I sang in school performances of all kinds in grade school, and in a Girl Scout chorus - sang at the 1964 Worlds Fair.  In high school, I sang soprano in the Glee Club, often getting solos with my guitar.  I used to write songs & my Glee Club & I, my guitar & a song I wrote were featured on a TV show on CBS.  In high school, I also sang with a chorus of h.s. singers from all over NYC which gave a concert every year at Lincoln Center & was also on the Ed Sullivan Show.  I sang & played guitar for "folk Masses" in high school & college.  Currently, and for the past 30 years, I've been singing in various Sweet Adelines choruses and female barbershop quartets.  The chorus I've been in for the past 15 yrs has won 3 international championships.  My quartet doesn't compete but we perform all over NJ, for club luncheons, private parties & in shows & church concerts.  For the past 4 years, I've been in my church choir & am also a "cantor" (soloist).  In choir, I am a soprano; in barbershop, I am a tenor - the part that sings the high harmony. I sing all the time, even in the shower, lol!  And yes, I sang to my son & I sing to my grandson - they both liked "Hush Little Baby".  Here is a photo of my quartet. 

jabs54
by Jeanine on Sep. 12, 2012 at 9:04 PM
1 mom liked this

When Mama Mia came out my dd and I spent the weekend watching it over and over and putting the subtitles on and singing with it.  I sang songs to my babies and now to my daycare babies but they are old fashioned ones like Teddy Bear Picnic, Hush Little Baby, Say Say Oh Playmate, Que Sera Sera.  HOWEVER, I am a terrible singer, but the babies don't mind ;)

louannwilkins
by Louann on Sep. 12, 2012 at 10:20 PM

Only sing to my grandkids or myself.....trust me...I'm NOT good.  lol

kuntrylady56
by Gold Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 11:37 PM

I enjoy singing with the radio or cd.  And I dis sing to my daughter when she was little and still do with my grandchildren. I think one of my most embarassing moments was when my daughter was maybe 10-11 yo and we had the Chipmunks singing country music cassette in my van,,and we had it cranked up going down the road singing to it at the top of our lungs. This trucker pulls up besides us and just starts cracking up.  ahhhh the memories.lol  

nana9106
by Darlene on Sep. 13, 2012 at 7:38 AM
I am an AWESOME Singer.....in my car. LOL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
suzeebloch
by Ronna on Sep. 13, 2012 at 7:52 AM

yes I love singing.  I personally dont' think I have that good a singing voice but I sing out loud in the car!  And yes, I sang to my kids when they were little - I even made up several little songs for them.  I was in choir, too, in junior high but not in high school.  In the 9th grade, I was the pianist for the Concert Choir (woo hoo was a big deal to be in the "Concert Choir" back then!) 

I loved singing hymns in church, too, when I was a kid.  I started going to church when I was having tough times with my husband - gosh, that must have been in the mid 90s.  They didn't sing the old-fashioned hymns that I loved - just new ones that I didn't know.  I actually quit going to that church primarily because of that!  A guy I dated in 2008/2009 took me to his church a couple of times - and they did the same thing.  None of the familiar hymns.  If I could find a church that ONLY sang the old hymns, I'd probably go to it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)