Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Unexpected blessings or surprises

Posted by   + Show Post

Have you had a surprise or a blessing lately? 

Share!

Thursday I had to go to my Psychiatrist to get a medication change and after seeing the doctor went into the nurses office to do some paperwork with her. She read on a form about my singing and started talking to me about it. 

We ended up singing Gospel music in her office together and her singing to me for about 30 minutes! What an unexpected blessing and great start to my day! I am still shaking my head in wonder over it. What a lovely place to work too. You should see how they interact with each other. 

by on Sep. 15, 2012 at 8:55 AM
Replies (11-20):
Jeremmy
by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 12:48 PM

Well, I woke up this morning. It wasnt unexpected, but it was a blessing. Than I got to hold my baby girl. Always a blessing. We also just got back from our first family vacation. Definitely a blessing to have the money and time to do it. Im a sahm...and im thankful every day for being able to stay home. Thats my daily blessing. It would be easier to list the things going wrong...because the list is pretty short. Im very blessed.

eta: i posted because youve been featured...im not actually the mom of an adult child ;-)

Shellness
by Michell on Sep. 16, 2012 at 2:54 PM

Wonderful blessings indeed!

Quoting Jeremmy:

Well, I woke up this morning. It wasnt unexpected, but it was a blessing. Than I got to hold my baby girl. Always a blessing. We also just got back from our first family vacation. Definitely a blessing to have the money and time to do it. Im a sahm...and im thankful every day for being able to stay home. Thats my daily blessing. It would be easier to list the things going wrong...because the list is pretty short. Im very blessed.

eta: i posted because youve been featured...im not actually the mom of an adult child ;-)

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Sep. 16, 2012 at 5:35 PM

A friend of mine lent me half of the money I need to get through this month.

surfgrl60
by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 6:04 PM

So how did that help you? Nothing has happened in awhile.

teaching1972
by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 6:19 PM

Well, I found out today that one son needs us to come to Chicago to help babysit and another son needs us to spend a week in November at his house to help with the kids while he is out of town.  For me, these are blessings that our children are willing to have us around for extended periods of time.  My DH decided it might be fun to take the train to Chicago.  I have never taken this kind of a train trip before so it will be an adventure.

towerjunkie1989
by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 6:30 PM
2 moms liked this

My son, 4 months old, wouldn't track, look at you, laugh, smile, and his eyes shook. His doctor set up an appointment with the neurologist. The Sunday before the appointment I asked my church to pray for him as I was being told there was something wrong with his brain. The Pastor had everyone pray for him twice, each time he was holding him. By the time the appointment rolled around, four days later, my son made SO much improvement. He had his MRI and he has congential nystagmus, but that is something we can handle. He will still be able to do everything and may even outgrow it.

What we recieved was a miracle and even the doctors can't explain why he had a DRASTIC change in less than a week.

God gave us a miracle and I even felt calm waiting for the MRI which was 2 weeks after his first appointment. God had his arms wrapped tightly around me letting me know he was taking care of it.

jeneefirstime
by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 8:19 PM

I have to say that was a blessing!!!!! Every morning I get to wake up and see my husband and be at home with my son...that's the greatest blessing!!! I would have loved to heard that singing...I Love Gospel music!!!!

Shellness
by Michell on Sep. 16, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Wonderful story. Im so glad for you that you are surrounded by such wonderful people! Your son too :) I'm glad he's going to be ok.

Quoting towerjunkie1989:

My son, 4 months old, wouldn't track, look at you, laugh, smile, and his eyes shook. His doctor set up an appointment with the neurologist. The Sunday before the appointment I asked my church to pray for him as I was being told there was something wrong with his brain. The Pastor had everyone pray for him twice, each time he was holding him. By the time the appointment rolled around, four days later, my son made SO much improvement. He had his MRI and he has congential nystagmus, but that is something we can handle. He will still be able to do everything and may even outgrow it.

What we recieved was a miracle and even the doctors can't explain why he had a DRASTIC change in less than a week.

God gave us a miracle and I even felt calm waiting for the MRI which was 2 weeks after his first appointment. God had his arms wrapped tightly around me letting me know he was taking care of it.

Shellness
by Michell on Sep. 16, 2012 at 10:54 PM

sounds like so much fun. I'm happy for you, and jealous!!

Quoting teaching1972:

Well, I found out today that one son needs us to come to Chicago to help babysit and another son needs us to spend a week in November at his house to help with the kids while he is out of town.  For me, these are blessings that our children are willing to have us around for extended periods of time.  My DH decided it might be fun to take the train to Chicago.  I have never taken this kind of a train trip before so it will be an adventure.

Shellness
by Michell on Sep. 16, 2012 at 10:56 PM

I don't understand your question, uless you meant the singing?? It lifted my spirit and made for a good happy start to my day.

Quoting surfgrl60:

So how did that help you? Nothing has happened in awhile.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)