Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Anyone have a Kindle Fire or any other e-book reader???

Posted by   + Show Post

I love getting magazines but HATE the mess of having them around.  Plus I'm obsessed with cutting out articles etc.   I have folders with tons of articles, lol.   Anyhoo, I would love to read my magazine on an e-book reader.  I have tried to google all of them but I keep coming back to the Kindle.  Anyone have any advice?

by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 10:27 PM
Replies (41-43):
Bmat
by Barb on Sep. 23, 2012 at 8:22 PM

Kindle Touch has 4.3 GB.

Quoting jabs54:

Quoting Bmat:

Yes, it can load books from the library, but I've never used it for this, yet. There are a couple hundred free books advertised for the kindle at amazon daily, so I've always found enough of those to keep me busy.

Quoting jabs54:

Quoting Bmat:

I love my kindle, but it is the version before the fire, so no color, but it does have touch. I can't stream because of limited internet,  so it didn't make sense for me to get the fire. I've been playing sudoku a lot on the kindle, as well as reading many free books, and of course those I pay for- which I feel are often overpriced.

Can you get books from the libarary?

How many GBs do you have?

Robertac1004
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 9:38 AM
I have the first kindle and love it! I have since bought several fires as gifts and have never had any problems Amazon is great they return and exchange almost in an instant. I also have an iPad which I will use to read with during the day. The kindle is great in bed when I fall asleep it to goes to sleep never losing my place. There are many free sites on line and I haven't paid for a book in several years.
MountainMammy
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 9:50 AM

I love my Kindle Fire! It was my go to gift last Christmas and I bought one for each of my grandchildren and my daughter. We've never had any problems at all. My grandchildren love them because they can play games but I think it encouraged them to read as well because it was "cool".

There are several web sites that list the free books you can get and of course with an Amazon Prime membership you can read one free book a month free from Amazon. 

The only complaint that I have is that it's hard to read in direct sunlight. But it's been great for reading in bed without keeping dear hubby awake with a lamp.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)