Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Wedding dress update - UPDATE RESPONSE #16!!!!

Posted by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 2:17 PM
  • 35 Replies

The MIL texted my daughter last night (first contact the two of them have had since the blow up on Sunday).  Dress is supposed to be done by tonight! 

I still say, though,that it's not a done deal till it's in my daughter's possession.

by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 2:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suzeebloch
by Ronna on Sep. 22, 2012 at 2:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Keep us posted!  I read the previous post  you wrote about all this and WOW.  What a humdinger of a MIL your daughter is getting!  lol.  When is the wedding again?

CoeyG
by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 4:10 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm with you on the dress, don't count it done until it's in your daughter's hands and she says it is done

KittyGram
by Becky on Sep. 22, 2012 at 5:02 PM

Quoting suzeebloch:

Keep us posted!  I read the previous post  you wrote about all this and WOW.  What a humdinger of a MIL your daughter is getting!  lol.  When is the wedding again?

It's next Saturday afternoon.  Nothing like just days before, but it's something that's within her control, so that's why all the shit's taken place this week.

Bmat
by Barb on Sep. 22, 2012 at 6:42 PM

*fingers crossed* that it will be.

nana9106
by Darlene on Sep. 22, 2012 at 6:54 PM
Thar is cutting it close! I tend to agree that it is not a done deal until the dress is in your DDs hand
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rosebud727
by Rose on Sep. 22, 2012 at 10:38 PM

It's 7:35 PM on the West Coast. Any dress yet?

KittyGram
by Becky on Sep. 22, 2012 at 11:11 PM

Quoting rosebud727:

It's 7:35 PM on the West Coast. Any dress yet?

No.  But MIL texted daughter when I was over there,and said all that's left is the hem.  so.......hopefully tomorrow.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:24 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 12:14 AM

Yes I agree .. keep us posted when she actually has it :)

Join us at
Time Out for You

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Sep. 23, 2012 at 9:30 AM

Hope she gets the dress!

homeskoolmama
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 11:14 AM

I hope it is done and that it is beautiful and fits! My MIL made my dress. I bought the pattern and material, took my measurements and mailed it to her in GA. When I got there a week before the wedding it was all done except for the hem. We did a few minor adjustments but that was it. she also made the bridesmaid and matron of honor dresses. They turned out lovely. AND this from a woman who did and still does not like me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)