Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Have you been on a cruise? Did you like it?

Posted by   + Show Post

A lady I met last week told me all about the cruises that she's been on. The latest was to Alaska. She said that her room had a balcony and a sitting area, but that beverages, except for water, were all charged for, and that the service in general wasn't very good.

by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 9:12 PM
Replies (21-28):
cruisegal09
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 6:02 AM

Good Morning,

For those of you that have never cruised there are some wonderful ships and cruises out there!!! And they are

wonderful I have been on many! Im a lic travel agent/agency owner check out my website

premiercruiseandtravel.com And i will help you find the right one!! I have been to Alaska on a cruise

its wonderful and beautiful!!

cruisegal09
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 6:11 AM

Good Morning,

If you are ready for a great cruise and vacation check out premiercruiseandtravel.com

Sherry

cruisegal09
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 6:14 AM

Good Morning,

Cruising is wonderful I have been on hundreds of cruises and a lic travel agent/agency owner for over 26 years

I will help all those looking find the right cruise!! premiercruiseandtravel.com

Sherry

Sandy0904
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 6:19 AM

My husband and I went on a Carnival Cruise.  You had to pay for soda, alcoholic beverages or bottled water.  Others were free (which included lemonade, tea, coffee, orange juice).  The service was great and we had a balcony.  Our trip was to the Carribean.  Since we had never been on a cruise before and we didn't have lots of money, we were worried about expenses.  It all went well.  If you have any other questions, just write me.

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Sep. 25, 2012 at 7:44 AM

Never been on one but I think it would be fun.

Bmat
by Barb on Sep. 25, 2012 at 7:56 AM

Thank you for all of the information. I'd never given any thought to it before.

tinysmom160
by Bronze Member on Sep. 25, 2012 at 6:44 PM

YES AND LOVED IT AND i AM GOING ON ANOTHER ONE NEXT YEAR TO ALASKA I CAN NOT WAIT................................

DesignGirl450
by Lynda on Sep. 25, 2012 at 9:33 PM

Quoting lyngerdam:

Been on lots of cruises - Mexico, Caribbean, Mediterranean, Panama Canal, Alaska, Holy Land. Most of the lines have a beverage card you can buy that lets you have as many sodas as you want. It ends up being considerably cheaper. Try not to skimp on the cruise line. Carnival is so cheap and it shows. The food is not interesting. Celebrity is very tasty. Princess is nice. In Alaska, it's really to your advantage to have a balcony - you can see the wildlife along the shore and that's so much fun. True also for Panama. Mexico, doesn't matter inside or out. Mediterranean - one of my fondest memories is watching the sunrise over Malta. Indescribable. When you figure out how much you'd spend on meals, snacks, etc. and a hotel room (normally exceptional service on the ship) you'd see they can be a great value. They make their money on the add-ons. Decide (and maybe book) what tours you are going to want to take. If you wait until you are on the ship, the cruise director sells them and you might miss out on what you want to see. Also, accept you might never be back in the place again. See all that you can. You will never be younger or healthier, so do it now. On one of the first cruises we went on, we cruised the Mediterranean. There was a man who retired and this was his first big trip. Well, don't you know, the guy dies on the ship at the port in Tunisia. As the song said, "Isn't it ironic?". Go and enjoy.

Interesting post with some good points. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN