Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Adult Pizza

Posted by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 3:49 PM
  • 106 Replies
1 mom liked this

I saw an article that said a pizza place in Boston was making alcoholic pizzas.  They soak cherries in rasberry vodka and then put them on the pizza.  Since they only put it in the oven for 7 minutes, the alcohol doesn't have a chance to burn off.  You have to present proof of age before they will let you have one.  What do you think?  Would you eat an alcoholic pizza?

This is the article: 

BOSTON (CNN/WCVB) - You may like to have beer or wine with your pizza, but have you ever had alcohol on it?

Salvatore's, a Boston pizza parlor, is serving up a new type of pizza with the alcohol-infused toppings.

"How do we jazz the pizzas up and how do we make them fun. Somebody said let's put booze on them. And I'm like... that would be kind of cool," said Chick Barbato.

And so their Vignola cherry pizza was born, which comes topped with fresh mozzarella, gorgonzola, prosciutto, honey and the main event: raspberry vodka-soaked cherries.

"We do macerate cherries for quite some time with the raspberry vodka. That becomes a pretty prominent flavor so it doesn't burn off in the oven," said Barbato.

Seven minutes in the oven isn't enough to make this pizza virgin, which is why they card customers who order it just to be safe.

"Too much would be like 2 to 3 pizzas worth. So I think you'd be pretty full before you got a buzz," said Barbato.

The pizza place says the adults-only pizza has been so popular, two more versions will be launched next month - one with Kahlua-marinated pork and another with rum-infused peaches.

by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 3:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bleacheddecay
by Gold Member on Oct. 1, 2012 at 4:03 PM

Maybe but I absolutely hate fruit in booze. I don't like most wine sauces. Sometimes I like bourbon balls but mostly booze and food together in the same dish doesn't taste good to me at all.

Bmat
by Barb on Oct. 1, 2012 at 4:46 PM

I'd probably try it, but I can't see eating it regularly.

CoeyG
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 5:42 PM

Interesting,I might try it 

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Oct. 1, 2012 at 5:53 PM
2 moms liked this

I would try it if someone else ordered it. I don't like fruit on my pizza.

CAC09
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 6:14 PM
That place makes the best pizza! I don't live in Boston anymore, but will go there when I return for a visit and try it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Esmrlda
by Esme on Oct. 1, 2012 at 7:28 PM
4 moms liked this

No thats lame, why waste your time?  Just take a shot of the vodka already. 

jabs54
by Jeanine on Oct. 1, 2012 at 8:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds horrid.

DesignGirl450
by Lynda on Oct. 1, 2012 at 8:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I am not a fan of fruit on pizza generally, but I would try it just for fun. (well and a buzz)

KittyGram
by Becky on Oct. 1, 2012 at 10:16 PM
Same here.

Quoting Bmat:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rosebud727
by Rose on Oct. 1, 2012 at 10:20 PM

Same...

Quoting KittyGram:

Same here.

Quoting Bmat:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN