Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Do you have something that you have held onto?

Posted by   + Show Post

Dh's grandpa has been in every war. He was a PoW for awhile in Vietnam and so were some of his friends. One friend has never returned.   Grandpa has been holding onto the missing mans belongings just in case the man shows up one day at this door step. 

come home

I was organizing the storage area and came across some of dd's baby clothes and an outfit that she was baptised in, a pair of sandals, a bib, an cute dress, an old doll.    I looked at them and asked my self why am I holding on to these things. They arent even in that good of shape.   I no longer felt sentimental towards them.  So what did I do, I put them into another box that I will go through at a later date.

Is there something that you are holding onto? Why are you holding onto it?  What is something that you really should get rid of?

by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 6:14 PM
Replies (81-82):
Grammyto3boys
by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 10:35 AM
Of course I have some of my kids baby stuff, outfits they came home from the hospital in, quilts...etc...but probably one of the strangest things I've held on to and just can't get rid of is a bag of clothes that my Dad had on the last time he went to the hospital before he passed away. I took it home with me intending to wash them so when he came home he'd have them but he went from the hospital to a nursing home and passed away 3 weeks later. I've never taken them out of the bag, it's tied shut, but I absolutely refuse to get rid of them and my Dad's been gone for over 7 years. If I have anything to say about it I'll have that bag until I'm no longer here.
Esmrlda
by Esme on Nov. 6, 2012 at 5:34 PM

im sorry  Thats a very touching story.

Quoting Grammyto3boys:

Of course I have some of my kids baby stuff, outfits they came home from the hospital in, quilts...etc...but probably one of the strangest things I've held on to and just can't get rid of is a bag of clothes that my Dad had on the last time he went to the hospital before he passed away. I took it home with me intending to wash them so when he came home he'd have them but he went from the hospital to a nursing home and passed away 3 weeks later. I've never taken them out of the bag, it's tied shut, but I absolutely refuse to get rid of them and my Dad's been gone for over 7 years. If I have anything to say about it I'll have that bag until I'm no longer here.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)