Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

What are you reading? (10/4/12)

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 2:03 PM
  • 21 Replies

I finished "Something Borrowed" last week, and got one last night from an acquaintance at my quilt club meeting.  "Dewey, the Library Cat", a true story of a cat that was adopted by a library in Iowa.

The woman that loaned it to me was also the one that recommended "Homer's Odessey" by Gwen Cooper, when I told her 2 years ago that my Chloe was blind.  The book is a true account of the author's cat, adopted at a very young age, already blind.  It was an incredible story, and I trust that Dewey will be, too!!!  Hopefully I can start it tonight. 

by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 2:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Its.me.Sam.
by Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 2:06 PM

right no wi am readin "The Prophet"  - its about the murder of a high school girl .. a P.I. - whose sister was murdered as a teen as well - is doing his own investigation with the intent to kill the murderer once he find out who it is.  i am about haalfway thru.  so far its good.

homeskoolmama
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 2:23 PM

Nothing right now except magazines. My mom gave me a stack and I'm trying to weed through them.

darmomusaf
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 2:36 PM

finishing up the Key Trilogy by Nora Roberts, I am reading Key of Valor right now

jabs54
by Jeanine on Oct. 4, 2012 at 2:48 PM

I bought the book Dewey for my oldest dd who is a cat lover.  I was hoping to read it but she lost it.  I'll have to get it from the library.  Right now I'm reading Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers.

Why123
by Nancy on Oct. 4, 2012 at 2:54 PM

I read those and they are really good books.  I just finished True Betrayals by Nora Roberts and it was really good too.

Quoting darmomusaf:

finishing up the Key Trilogy by Nora Roberts, I am reading Key of Valor right now

Why123
by Nancy on Oct. 4, 2012 at 2:56 PM

Right now I am reading Apple Turnover Murder by Joanne Fluke.  I like Hannah Swenson and the books have some really good recipes in them.

Shellness
by Michell on Oct. 4, 2012 at 4:50 PM

I have 2 books going right now. Yes, I love to read. 

Wifey by Judy Blume. Seems pretty risque so don't know if I'll finish it. Only a few pages in.

And Hungry for Happiness by James Villas. Its a hilarious book about a woman who had a gastric band put on her stomach. Only thing is there is a lot of the word GD in it. Not necessary! SMH....

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 6:08 PM

I haven't read a book since May! It's killing me.

I have been studying (I use that word very loosely) for a test I have to pass for work. The test is Oct. 20th so I have to get cramming!

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 6:11 PM

Is that the series with the 3 women that open the shop together? One is a hairdresser, One runs the books store and One runs an art gallery?

I love her series. The Bride Quartet is really good.

Quoting darmomusaf:

laughingsqua125
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 6:41 PM

i m reading a miss marple mystery

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)