Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

What are you reading? (10/4/12)

Posted by   + Show Post

I finished "Something Borrowed" last week, and got one last night from an acquaintance at my quilt club meeting.  "Dewey, the Library Cat", a true story of a cat that was adopted by a library in Iowa.

The woman that loaned it to me was also the one that recommended "Homer's Odessey" by Gwen Cooper, when I told her 2 years ago that my Chloe was blind.  The book is a true account of the author's cat, adopted at a very young age, already blind.  It was an incredible story, and I trust that Dewey will be, too!!!  Hopefully I can start it tonight. 

by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 2:03 PM
Replies (11-20):
KittyGram
by Becky on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:44 PM

Quoting Shellness:

I have 2 books going right now. Yes, I love to read. 

Wifey by Judy Blume. Seems pretty risque so don't know if I'll finish it. Only a few pages in.

And Hungry for Happiness by James Villas. Its a hilarious book about a woman who had a gastric band put on her stomach. Only thing is there is a lot of the word GD in it. Not necessary! SMH....

Judy Blume has always been considered controversial.  It's been many years since I've read any of hers, but if my memory is right, she's a very good writer.

DesignGirl450
by Lynda on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:52 PM

My book group is reading "A Spot of Bother", and I am also trying to get going on "Shanghai Girls. "

rosebud727
by Rose on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:16 PM

I'm reading the Bird Sisters by Rebecca Rasmussen

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:59 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:06 AM

Am reading Barefoot Season by Susan Mallory & loving it :)

bko
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:55 AM
Am reading 11/22/63 by Stephen King. Haven't read one of his books in years, saw it at the library & figured why not? I'm half way through it. Interesting & different than what I'm used to reading.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darmomusaf
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 6:52 AM

Yep, that's the one. Finished up last night, now I really have to do some studying and reading for work, so I'm not starting any books right now!

Quoting Cindy18:

Is that the series with the 3 women that open the shop together? One is a hairdresser, One runs the books store and One runs an art gallery?

I love her series. The Bride Quartet is really good.

Quoting darmomusaf:

finishing up the Key Trilogy by Nora Roberts, I am reading Key of Valor right now

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:07 AM

I really love Nora Roberts.

She has one trilogy with flower names and my favorite is the one with the 3 cousins who are witches. Can't remember the name of that on, I think the first one is Charmed? I read it twice.

Quoting darmomusaf:

Yep, that's the one. Finished up last night, now I really have to do some studying and reading for work, so I'm not starting any books right now!

Quoting Cindy18:

Is that the series with the 3 women that open the shop together? One is a hairdresser, One runs the books store and One runs an art gallery?

Quoting darmomusaf:

finishing up the Key Trilogy by Nora Roberts, I am reading Key of Valor right now

louannwilkins
by Louann on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:47 AM

I've just started Tough Customer by Sandra Brown....pretty good so far

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:03 AM

I'm trying to read "Never Let Me Go" but it's in contention with HEROES that I've been watching on Hulu.  I am still in line for the next two books in The Hunger Games trilogy.

Why123
by Nancy on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:09 PM

If you like witches you should try reading the 3 Sisters Island Trilogy.  I have read a lot of her books and I really liked that one.

Quoting Cindy18:

I really love Nora Roberts.

She has one trilogy with flower names and my favorite is the one with the 3 cousins who are witches. Can't remember the name of that on, I think the first one is Charmed? I read it twice.

Quoting darmomusaf:

Quoting Cindy18:

Quoting darmomusaf:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN