Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

When your kids were young....

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 5:51 PM
  • 24 Replies

....... what was your favorite holiday?

Has it changed now that they are grown and out of the house?

Cindy

by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 5:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bleacheddecay
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 6:26 PM

Christmas was and is my fav holiday.

ChitownLady
by Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 6:40 PM

Mine was halloween, all the decorations that I  put up.  I used to dress up when I took my daughter trick-or-treating, then kept my costume on to I answer the door for all the other kids in the neighborhood.  Now, I no longer live in an area with small kids. I live in the country and no one comes to the house, so I go to town on the day they have their festivities and watch the young ones have fun!

CoeyG
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:08 PM

I've always loved Halloween, So has Shannon, we had fun decorating and dressing up.  

enafaye
by Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:18 PM

I've always loved Christmas.   None of them excite me anymore.

kuntrylady56
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Christmas was always a special time of year for me as a child and I made sure it was for my DD too. Not just the presents but the spiritamd magic of the season and sharing it with frinds and family.  And making the cookies and Santas list and the programs at school.  Just all the special things that are just part of the holiday season.  And now I'm so thankful I get to do the samethings with my GD and GS. 

Halloween came in close 2nd tho because of doing the decorating and costumes and we always had a costume party for the kids.  And me and my ex would dress up and set up the front yard with props that looked like what we were going to be.  And on Halloween night we would stand in the yard and scare the kids.  Yep,we were mean.lol  But we just did the big kids and parents not the wee ones.

lisamarie1265
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:54 PM
Christmas was, is and always will be my fave holiday..
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:17 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:07 AM

Chistmas then & now but Thanksgiving is right up there more so now ;)

darmomusaf
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:00 AM

Christmas has always been my favorite holiday, I love decorating and singing and baking and all those wonderful memories that go along with it. I also really love Thanksgiving, we have a mini family reunion and rent a hall. Usually about 50-70 people attend. As I get older, I appreciate the family gatherings more. After my grandmother died, my uncles took over the Thanksgiving meal preparations (renting the building, getting the turkeys, sending invites, etc), but we always feel Gram in the center of it all. It's a pretty special day!

suesues
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:20 AM

christmas was so much fun now its so much work miss that

louannwilkins
by Louann on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:44 AM

Christmas and Thanksgiving both but to tell you the truth now it's almost like they are still my fav but bittersweet at the same time.  Does that make sense? I mean, my dad is gone and I'm alone so it's me and my mom and we usually have family over but theres a big chunk that's missing.  I still love it though

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)