Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

We have had the warmest and driest August and September in Vancouver in 100 years!  This weekend is Thanksgiving, and the sunshine is supposed to continue with temps of 19-20 C on Sunday and Monday.  It will be lovely for visiting and being outside, as we are going over to Victoria to spend the holiday with my sister andd her family.   So.... where are you, how is your weather?

by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:02 PM
Replies (11-13):
suzeebloch
by Ronna on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:43 PM

I, too, am curious about Canadian Thanksgiving.  I mean here in the US, it goes all the way back to the Pilgrims starving to death and the Indians providing them the turkey, mashed potatoes, yams, cranberries and pumpkin pie.  or something to that effect.  LOL.  I am sure it's still a day to give thanks - but is there something historic about yours?

The weather here is finally starting to feel like fall - ahhhhh!   days are most definitely getting shorter.  The mornings are nice and brisk and crisp - followed by warmish afternoons.  I so much prefer the cooler weather.  but my thin-skinned neighbors already have their heaters on.  I simply layer on more clothes and when it gets to the point multiple layers don't keep me warm, THEN I'll turn on my heater!     My apartment is so neat because I can turn the heater off even during the coldest winter night because is protected from the elements as I have units next to me and above me.  i don't have to worry about my pipes freezing and at night it is so nice to snuggle under my blankets!  in the mornings I know it's awful having to wake up to cold, but I hustle out to the living room and turn on the heater and it doesn't take long to warm up my little place.

atlmom2
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:38 PM
Its pouring and cold.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nana9106
by Darlene on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:28 AM
It is supposed to turn cooler today. 70's this afternoon and it is supposed to be upper 50's in the morning. By Wednesday it is supposed to be back to the 90's. Gotta enjoy it while it lasts.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)