Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Wow, you learn something new every day

Posted by   + Show Post

I just found out that my landlord was arrested for anmal cruelty. All I can think is wow, just..wow. Apparently he let his dog go on a back road with no fod and water and the dog was latter found dead, hanging from a bridge by it's leash.

HINSDALE, NY - An Olean man faces an animal cruelty charge after his dog was found dead hanging from a bridge.

Cattaraugus County Sheriff deputies say John J. Bird, 44, allegedly let his dog go free in August on a back road without food and water. The dog was later found dead hanging from a bridge by its leash in Hinsdale.

Bird was issued an appearance ticket for animal cruelty.  His next court date is October 24th.

Click on my siggy to help find a cure for cancer!

by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:48 PM
Replies (11-14):
kam013
by Silver Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:47 PM

Oh, I would seriously like to hang him by a leash.  It breaks my heart when people cause animals pain, I will never ever understand it.  Take the dog to a shelter or if you had to let him go at least take the dang leash off so he had a fighting chance.  When ours went missing I worried every second that something awful like that was going to happen, I never would have forgiven myself.  

jurnee14
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:06 PM

oh how awful, that poor dog. I would look into moving , jsut giving money to someone like that would sicken me, I dont think I could be civil to him.

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:35 AM

I would love to but unfortunatly we can't aford rent anywhere else without 5 of us living in a 1 bedroom place. It is hard enough with just two bedrooms.

Quoting jurnee14:

oh how awful, that poor dog. I would look into moving , jsut giving money to someone like that would sicken me, I dont think I could be civil to him.

Click on my siggy to help find a cure for cancer!

caro100
by Carol on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:26 AM

How sad.   Hang the landlord by a leash.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN