Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Cassidy has a fracture of her R scaphoid (wrist area), and had a cast put on today.  Over a month ago, she was riding a mechanical bull in a night club, and got thrown while still hold onto the damn bull.  She has had pain off and on, and has been working some shifts at her job with the party company, lifting a Bouncy Castle, and also once weekly cleaning the stable where she has her riding lessons, in exchange for more riding.  It's kind of amazing that she was able to do all that, as well as drive the car everywhere.   She went to see the doctor yesterday, was sent for X-Rays.  She got called to come in to see the doctor today, and was sent to the hospital ER, as the Orthopedic outpatient clinic was not answering their phones (Friday afternoon of Thanksgiving weekend). After a relatively short three hours, she was able to leave the hospital with the  plaster on her wrist.  The good news is that she can use her fingers a little.   She had made plans to go out for dinner with some friends, and then to a pub tonight.  I of course have tried to talk her out of going, but she is insistent, and is being picked up by her girlfiend.   She will be unable to work or ride for probably six weeks.  Then we will be moving on  to the jaw surgery in November, and recovering from that.  A lot going on. 

by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:28 PM
Replies (11-19):
EireLass
by Gold Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:42 AM

I wrecked mine as well. If she doesn't heal well after their alloted time, she may want a contrast MRI done. I shredded my scaphoid ligament, and had surgery, metal in the wrist and hand, etc.

CoeyG
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:52 AM

Yes with fractures you can use the part that is fractured.   When I was 10 I broke my arm at a skating party, a couple hours later I was climbing all over our backyard swing set using the arm that was fractured, even hanging from it.  I played softball that evening.  The next morning my arm was about three times it's normal size.  

Sue1605
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:06 PM

Anyhow, tough girl! You too, CoeyG.

Quoting CoeyG:

Yes with fractures you can use the part that is fractured.   When I was 10 I broke my arm at a skating party, a couple hours later I was climbing all over our backyard swing set using the arm that was fractured, even hanging from it.  I played softball that evening.  The next morning my arm was about three times it's normal size.  

gmadiane
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 4:57 PM

I hope she is better soon

Esmrlda
by Esme on Oct. 7, 2012 at 5:45 PM
What a trooper!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bmat
by Barb on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:46 AM

Wow,Colleen! Amazing!  I did have a playgroup once where the little girl was favoring her arm but still playing. Her mom said don't worry, it isn't broken (mom was a nurse.) When she picked her child up I said I think you'd better get an x-ray- the arm was very swollen, and sure enough, there was a fracture.

Quoting Sue1605:

Anyhow, tough girl! You too, CoeyG.

Quoting CoeyG:

Shellness
by Michell on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:06 AM

Bless her heart. Tell her to stay off the bulls ok?

stepof5
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:27 PM

Hang in there. I'm just glad it wasn't worse than it was. HUGS.

DesignGirl450
by Lynda on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:12 PM

Quoting Shellness:

Bless her heart. Tell her to stay off the bulls ok?

Yup, she sure has a good story to tell. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)