Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Recovering from surgery

Posted by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:15 PM
  • 15 Replies

Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you all. But after my surgery on the 26th of Sept. on my left hand. I had some trouble with my hand so I can only type one handed still. I had Carpal Tunnel & Cubital Tunnel Surgery on my left hand and elbow. And I still have the stitches in. They don't come out until the 9th of Oct. when I see my surgeon again. The recovery is coming slower than I would like it to be. I still have trouble getting dressed & I can't even comb or wash my own damm hair by myself yet and that is very aggravating for me. At least I know what to expect to happen when I have the right hand and elbw done. except for the fact that I'm right handed. when that happens I'm really going be lost. Becuase I can't do anything left handed. Please keep me in your prayers. Thanks.  Colleen L.

by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:16 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 5:24 PM

Hugs to you Colleen,

Hope you have a speedy recovery.
So glad to hear from you :)

louannwilkins
by Louann on Oct. 6, 2012 at 5:27 PM

Hoping things move along a little quicker for you!!  Good luck.    :)

nana9106
by Darlene on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:38 PM
Focus on the end result and give yourself time to heal. (((HUGS)))
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shadowboxer25
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:55 PM

I want to thank everyone for there kind words of encouragement and love. also for your prayers. I really need to heart that becuase of the difficulty I'm having with this recovery from surgery.

Colleen L.

Why123
by Nancy on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:29 PM

You will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.  I hope you start to heal faster.

Bmat
by Barb on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:43 PM

You are in my prayers. I pray that your recovery will have you feeling well and able to use your hand well. Good luck with your right hand, also.

jabs54
by Jeanine on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:26 PM

Aww, I'm sorry the recovery is difficult :(    Hope you feel better soon!

(((hugs)))

lisamarie1265
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:28 AM
I hope you get better real soon, I know what your going through I didn't have carpel tunnel but in July I had hand/wrist surgery on the tendons, they had to decompress a tendon, remove a calcification that was pressing on a tendon and he had to do something else it slips my mind, but I had complications and had to be recasted on mt right hand/wrist no doubt, I have use of my fingers and can drive but as you say its a slow healing process...
You will be in my prayers for a speedy recovery....take care and Bless!!!
caro100
by Carol on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:23 AM

I'll keep you in my thoughts.  It's funny how we take opposable thumbs and wrist movement for granted.  Just take it slow and easy.  Hugsgood

terri-553
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:39 PM

Take care/it takes time to healhugs

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)