Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Have you seen these before?

Posted by   + Show Post

Pine cone flowers?   

I found these really cool pine cone flowers.  They are pine cones that broke apart and lay like a flower.  So cool, so I collected the ones in the parking lot and will make something out of them someday.  I just thought they were the coolest thing and I have never seen anything like it before. Have you?  I want to make something with them. I have about 8 or 10.  What should I make?  Right now I have them in a ceramic bowl that my Artist friend made for me.

by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:32 PM
Replies (11-20):
mac1940
by Mary Ann on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:00 PM

I have seen them before and one year collected gobs and gobs of them and made Christmas wreaths for family and friends with them. 

LEK19
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:07 PM

No, I have not. Must be from a certain species? Ours around here don't open like that. Neat! They sound pretty just in the bowl!! I like the wreath idea, if you have enough!

DesignGirl450
by Lynda on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:17 PM

These look lovely, and I like the idea of just having them sitting in bowl to be admired.  You could tuck in some fabric or real fall leaves for some colour. 

Esmrlda
by Esme on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:51 PM

I like this because I like to collect and admire the Fall leaves in all their color and slendor.  This would be lovely. I like what Lisa said bout sprinkling cinnamon oil on them too.

Quoting DesignGirl450:

These look lovely, and I like the idea of just having them sitting in bowl to be admired.  You could tuck in some fabric or real fall leaves for some colour. 

Esmrlda
by Esme on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:52 PM

Yes one of the conifers. It looked like a Sequoia. I had Dh and Grandpa picking them up for me too. Dh found some pine cones that hadnt split yet that I can open to make the flower.  I put them by my pumpkins and scarecrow by the front door.

Quoting LEK19:

No, I have not. Must be from a certain species? Ours around here don't open like that. Neat! They sound pretty just in the bowl!! I like the wreath idea, if you have enough!

Esmrlda
by Esme on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:53 PM

Did you use a hot glue gun?

Quoting mac1940:

I have seen them before and one year collected gobs and gobs of them and made Christmas wreaths for family and friends with them. 

Esmrlda
by Esme on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:54 PM

I like this idea!

Quoting Bmat:

I also used them in pinecone wreaths, they are very pretty in those.

Esmrlda
by Esme on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:55 PM

I think Dd has some clear shalac stuff for her art work down in her room. I will ask her if I can borrow it and spray them to preserve them. 

Quoting homeskoolmama:

I would put them on  a door wreath or spray paint them and use in a decorator bowl

Esmrlda
by Esme on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:57 PM

Me neither, they are so precious.

Quoting jabs54:

Those are so cool!  I've never seen them before.

Esmrlda
by Esme on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:58 PM

Im in love with them!

Quoting hugss:

Yes & they are cool :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN