Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Last big home cooked meal

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:26 PM
  • 42 Replies

Whats the last one you made? 

I cook a big meal at least once a week, usually more.

Tonight its a treat of fried pork chops, rice, gravy, turnip greens, and biscuits. With butter and jams, giaridinare (spicy pickled veggies) and of course crystal hot sauce that my family puts on everything. Iced tea to drink.

by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bmat
by Barb on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:28 PM

meatloaf,  baked potatoes, baked apples

homeskoolmama
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:17 PM

I cook everynight. Big meal as in meat, veggies, bread and dessert...still almost everynight.

Esmrlda
by Esme on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Last night. Salisbury steak with homemade gravy, Mashed potatoes. AspAragus baked with olive oil and minced garlic, beets and sliced tomatoes out of the garden.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KittyGram
by Becky on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:27 PM

I only cook like that when I cook for my daughter and her family.  I cooked a curry chicken dish for them about 2 weeks ago, but that's all it was, was the curry chicken and some rice to go with it.  Otherwise, it's probably been 2 months since I cooked like that for them.

jabs54
by Jeanine on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:35 PM

I'm so glad I don't have to cook a big meal everyday anymore!!!!!  Since my dh got a 2nd shift job a few years ago it's just me and my dd.  We usually have a salad, or a fried chicken burger and veggies, or if we're lazy a bowl of cereal :)

bertie4
by Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:00 PM

Pork chops, potatoe, string beans, cranberry sauce, tea and biscuits. It was delicious if I say so myself.  We had it tonight.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:25 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:05 AM

I cook a big meal almost every night so ...

lisamarie1265
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:33 AM
We have our big meal on Sundays ... I cook during the week but Sunday is the family meal, my oldest daughter loves to cook so she generally does it, but the last one I made was a couple of weeks ago I made my mil's (rest her soul) stuffed cabbage, it's an old recipe and a lot of work but worth it when done, I made homemade whipped potatoes and for desert I made zucchini bread from my last two zucchinis of the season. Wine, beer, iced tea to drink....
lisamarie1265
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:35 AM
Quoting Esmrlda:

Last night. Salisbury steak with homemade gravy, Mashed potatoes. AspAragus baked with olive oil and minced garlic, beets and sliced tomatoes out of the garden.

That sounds so delicious... Can you tell me how you make your asparagus I never heard of baking it, I love it and would love to try it... Recipe please? : - )
CoeyG
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:31 AM

Last big family meal?  That would have been Thanksgiving 1996 LOL, and iit wasn't all that big, Just Shannon's dad, myself and Shannon.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)