Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

How much would you spend on a pair of shoes?

by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:31 PM
Replies (21-26):
enafaye
by Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:29 PM

Sneakers I would go to $80 any other would be much much less.

Shellness
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:39 PM

I have issues with the nerves in my feet so I will pay extra for shoes that don't hurt me. I often buy in tennis (believe it or not) skater shoes. As in skate boarding. They have super extra cushion in the bottom!

Quoting Bmat:

I just spent a little over a hundred on a pair of sports shoes. I wanted something that wouldn't hurt my feet when we go to Disney later in the year.

Shellness
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:42 PM

This is very true. My dd just bought a pair of cowboy boots, Ariat, online for $69. She loves them. Have you ever had to send them back because they don't fit?

Quoting Marinefranksmom:

I think $100 is my absolute limit & it would have to be for the perfect shoe for a special occasion or the absolutely best leather boots ever.  However, I don't think I've every paid that much.  I buy my boots online, had good luck on Amazon & last year & year before bought good leather boots, just what I wanted, paid about $65 & I'll have them forever.  I buy most of my shoes online too & rarely pay more than $40, again for special occasion shoes - good brands like 9West or Anne Klein.  Rest of the time, I'm happy shopping at Payless especially during BOGO!

Shellness
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:45 PM

They are like a good purse. You might pay more for them but they last for years. 

Quoting DesignGirl450:

I have very narrow shoes, and you just can't buy cheap shoes in narrower width. As a matter of fact, it has become more and more difficult to find ANY stores that carry much in the way of a AA width shoes.  I go to Nordstrom and Macy's in Seattle, WA and get narrow shoes on sale.  I love SAS shoes as they come in two different narrow widths.  I have four pairs of their sandals and two pairs of closed shoes.  They are all at least $135/pair but worth it as so comfortable, and because of the quality, last for many, many years.  I wear them all the time.  

Marinefranksmom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 6:51 PM

Quoting Shellness:

This is very true. My dd just bought a pair of cowboy boots, Ariat, online for $69. She loves them. Have you ever had to send them back because they don't fit?

Quoting Marinefranksmom:

I think $100 is my absolute limit & it would have to be for the perfect shoe for a special occasion or the absolutely best leather boots ever.  However, I don't think I've every paid that much.  I buy my boots online, had good luck on Amazon & last year & year before bought good leather boots, just what I wanted, paid about $65 & I'll have them forever.  I buy most of my shoes online too & rarely pay more than $40, again for special occasion shoes - good brands like 9West or Anne Klein.  Rest of the time, I'm happy shopping at Payless especially during BOGO!

No, I've been fairly lucky & I'm also true to size, and I know the brands I buy & how they fit so I haven't had to return them.  I've had to return maybe 2 prs in my whole online shopping life but they were brands I wasn't familiar with. 

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Oct. 9, 2012 at 7:22 PM

The most I have ever spent on shoes for myself is $20

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN