Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Do you share this website with your adult kid

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:41 AM
  • 27 Replies

I have been on cafemom for 4 years now, everyone in the family, knows I'm "addicted" so when my dd got pregnant... I told her to go to cafemom and which groups that would be good for her to get support......she's like " yeah ok mom" like she could care less, lol.

I got on her laptop to come to cafemom and she hadn't "logged out" off cafemom and now I know "who she is" and I told her I wasn't revealing my sn, just because I want privacy. And no I'm not going to "stalk" her, her groups are nothing that I have interest in and she shouldn't be interested in some of my groups, KWIM?

by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TattooedMomto4
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 3:11 AM
1 mom liked this

I have sons so no, none of them come here. Honestly, I don't tell ANYONE I know about CM. We all have FB together and I like having my own place to go and be myself without having to worry about people from my daily life running in to me here. If I had a daughter in law I would tell her about it but I'd make sure we didn't join any of the same groups, she should have her privacy.

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:11 AM

I have mentioned to numerous people that I belong to an "online group" of "mothers with adult children."  This includes both my kids, my parents, coworkers, etc.  Suzee is NOT my name but of course I have my real picture up.  I know last year Johnny told me his girlfriend googled a specific recipe (one of his childhood favorites) and google led her to right here to CafeMom and specifically to a post I had done right here in this group!  I have since changed most of my settings to be a LOT more private - I guess my biggest concern is that the WB might somehow find me here too.  My first name is rather unique and certainly a dead giveaway coupled with my picture!  lol.

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:01 AM

none of my kis have children.

nana9106
by Darlene on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:46 AM
I was introduced to it by my adult DD. I think she has been a member since....well atleast 6 years because that is how old my GS is LOL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:51 AM

My whole family knows how addicted I am to CM.

My DD is only 19 so she has no interest in it now.

Rileyscute
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:55 AM
1 mom liked this

My mother, and my sister are members of CM.

Why123
by Nancy on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:55 AM
1 mom liked this

My middle daughter joined and got her older sister and me to join.  We have been in several groups together but I don't care to be in the groups they are in now.  Of course since my middle daughter is the mother of my 21 year old granddaughter she is a member of this group.

terri-553
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:27 AM

I have tired to get my daughter to join the Austism Group,but nope she isn;t having it,Oh well,I love being here,I joined in April

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:18 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:28 AM

I have sons as well so no they wouldn't come here, LOL
I think they know I do :)

Esmrlda
by Esme on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:23 PM
1 mom liked this

No, my dd isnt a mom.  She laughs and says CM is my face book since I dont facebook.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN