Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

What are you doing this weekend.....Sat. and Sun...

Posted by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:26 AM
  • 31 Replies

come tell us.....

by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
louannwilkins
by Louann on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:29 AM
1 mom liked this

Just got up and its very chilly in this house!!  Temps must have dropped again. I never know how to dress anymore.  lol  I have to pet sit for just tonight and make some food for homecoming tomorrow.  I've been invited to a little get together with some friends today too.  I'm not sure if I'm going yet.  I probably will though.  That's about it....cooking, pet sitting and friends.  Sounds like a pretty good day to me.  Hope yoiu're all enjoying the day too    :)

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:54 AM

good morning!  I've been up since about 6:30.  Went over my budget - all is good.  So different now compared to when I had to pinch every penny!  lol. And my employer is going to be paying my health insurance starting November since I've been there a year - so that's in effect a $200 a month raise. 

anyway.  My original F w/o B (the first one) has borrowed my car the past 2 days.  His is in the shop and we work just down the street from each other.  I planned to get away yesterday for "lunch" so we could pick up his car, but I never made it out of the office, so then we planned on last night - but he called me at 8 and asked if we could do it at 8 this morning.  So I'm waiting to hear from him.   Lunch at the office is cut-throat . A staff of 9 but only 2 of us are allowed to be gone at the same time. We are supposed to get 30 minutes.  I typically take about 10 minutes to quickly gulp my egg yolks and coconut oil around 11:15, before anyone else is even thinking about lunch.  The problem is not everyone announces when they are leaving for lunch or have come back.  I always do because it's documented proof I take less than 30 minutes!  If anyone would ever question it.  Sometimes some of the staff don't get to eat lunch until 3:30. That sucks.

Plans?  As soon as Lance shows up, we'll go get his car, then I have to run to banks to cash checks, deposit them, etc.  Then back home to type.  I kind of slacked off last weekend so I need to try and make up for it this weekend.  and I am hoping to be able to grab lunch with F w/o B #2 today or tomorrow. 

Weather?  Thunder woke me up a couple of times last night and if it was loud enough to wake me, it must have been intense.  My apartment is an inside unit so I only have 2 walls exposed to the outside world.  Usually I don't know what has happened outside my unit is so insulated.  It's 63 degrees out there so I have my windows and door open, too.

Well, that's about it.  If anything interesting happens today, I'll be sure to let everyone know. 

EireLass
by Gold Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:01 AM

Today is the big guy's birthday. 53. Last night I made chocolate ice cream. Today I'll make chocolate cake. We'll have that sometime. I can't believe I didn't get him a card or gift. Nice wife, huh? hahaha

Saturday is my typical cleaning day. Because I don't work, I do my errands during the week, when places are less crowded. Very chilly here today. Was 29 when I woke up. But it is very sunny, no rain expected. I should go clean out my 3rd garden.

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:15 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting EireLass:

Today is the big guy's birthday. 53. Last night I made chocolate ice cream. Today I'll make chocolate cake. We'll have that sometime. I can't believe I didn't get him a card or gift. Nice wife, huh? hahaha

Saturday is my typical cleaning day. Because I don't work, I do my errands during the week, when places are less crowded. Very chilly here today. Was 29 when I woke up. But it is very sunny, no rain expected. I should go clean out my 3rd garden.

wish I was 29 when I woke up!!!! lol.

as far as card/gift for hubby, I think chocolate ice cream and cake are gift enough.  Write his name on the cake and voila!  there's your card! 

louannwilkins
by Louann on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:40 AM

Ronna....has anyone ever told you what a nice person you are?  I mean, you loan out your car, take people to the dr or take them food when they're sick.  I hope they appreciate your friendship.

Hope you have a great weekend and do be sure to let us know about any excitement that comes your way.   lol     :)

Quoting suzeebloch:

good morning!  I've been up since about 6:30.  Went over my budget - all is good.  So different now compared to when I had to pinch every penny!  lol. And my employer is going to be paying my health insurance starting November since I've been there a year - so that's in effect a $200 a month raise. 

anyway.  My original F w/o B (the first one) has borrowed my car the past 2 days.  His is in the shop and we work just down the street from each other.  I planned to get away yesterday for "lunch" so we could pick up his car, but I never made it out of the office, so then we planned on last night - but he called me at 8 and asked if we could do it at 8 this morning.  So I'm waiting to hear from him.   Lunch at the office is cut-throat . A staff of 9 but only 2 of us are allowed to be gone at the same time. We are supposed to get 30 minutes.  I typically take about 10 minutes to quickly gulp my egg yolks and coconut oil around 11:15, before anyone else is even thinking about lunch.  The problem is not everyone announces when they are leaving for lunch or have come back.  I always do because it's documented proof I take less than 30 minutes!  If anyone would ever question it.  Sometimes some of the staff don't get to eat lunch until 3:30. That sucks.

Plans?  As soon as Lance shows up, we'll go get his car, then I have to run to banks to cash checks, deposit them, etc.  Then back home to type.  I kind of slacked off last weekend so I need to try and make up for it this weekend.  and I am hoping to be able to grab lunch with F w/o B #2 today or tomorrow. 

Weather?  Thunder woke me up a couple of times last night and if it was loud enough to wake me, it must have been intense.  My apartment is an inside unit so I only have 2 walls exposed to the outside world.  Usually I don't know what has happened outside my unit is so insulated.  It's 63 degrees out there so I have my windows and door open, too.

Well, that's about it.  If anything interesting happens today, I'll be sure to let everyone know. 

louannwilkins
by Louann on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:42 AM

Happy birthday to the big guy!!  Chocolate cake and icecream sound awesome!!  :)

I laughed when you called 29 chilly.  That's COLD to me!!  lol  Hope you have a great day!!   :)

Quoting EireLass:

kuntrylady56
by Gold Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 3:58 PM

Warm breezy day here so Ihave my front door open and windows through the house open also.But they're calling for some storm to rumble in this afternoon and some maybe be severe(hopefully no tonado warnings). I'm here by myself since kiddos are gone and DH is working and he does the evening shift so house is ALL mine now! LOL

I'm done with housework so am doing some Christmas shopping on line,checking out e-bay and itsy. I like finding things that are unusual and different but I know people will like.

Other then that will mostly likely get some of my water colors an pencils out and do some drawings and paint. Want to do a water color/colored pencil picture for my sister using some of her beautiful photographs shes taken of out in WVA of the mountains near her home. And suprise her with it for a "just because" present.

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Oct. 13, 2012 at 4:08 PM

I know you are in Missouri - but where?  it's been raining all morning here in KC!  The storms are probably headed your way.  But it's on the warmish side here, too.  I opened my windows last night because we probably won't have too many more opportunities to do that for the rest of the year. 

Quoting kuntrylady56:

Warm breezy day here so Ihave my front door open and windows through the house open also.But they're calling for some storm to rumble in this afternoon and some maybe be severe(hopefully no tonado warnings). I'm here by myself since kiddos are gone and DH is working and he does the evening shift so house is ALL mine now! LOL

I'm done with housework so am doing some Christmas shopping on line,checking out e-bay and itsy. I like finding things that are unusual and different but I know people will like.

Other then that will mostly likely get some of my water colors an pencils out and do some drawings and paint. Want to do a water color/colored pencil picture for my sister using some of her beautiful photographs shes taken of out in WVA of the mountains near her home. And suprise her with it for a "just because" present.

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 5:23 PM

I worked today. It was an easy day and I got a lot done. I also got to sit with a client and watch a movie, Insidious. It was very scary to me and I'm still jumpy!

Working on dinner now. I am suppose to be taking my BFF, her son and my son to shoot some Zombies tonight but it's raining so I'm not sure it will still happen.

louannwilkins
by Louann on Oct. 13, 2012 at 7:51 PM

Except for the part about storming it sounds like a wonderful day.  I hope you enjoyed it!!   :)

Quoting kuntrylady56:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN