Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

What are you doing this weekend.....Sat. and Sun...

Posted by   + Show Post

come tell us.....

by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:26 AM
Replies (21-30):
suzeebloch
by Ronna on Oct. 14, 2012 at 11:19 AM

Sunday.  Nothing very eventful happened the rest of the day yesterday and so far nothing eventul happening today.  Most of the clouds have moved out of here - it is partly cloudy with sunshine poking through at times but it's very breezy!  I have my door and windows open. 

Opening the fridge to get half and half out for my coffee and the next thing I knew, my favorite mixing bowl slipped out of the dish rack and fell to the floor.  :o(  It broke into a million pieces so I had to clean that all up and now have to get a new one.  I bought it at a thrift store so a couple of years ago but now I have an excuse to go to another thrift store to find myself a new one! 

Supposed to meet Brian today for lunch.  He was supposed to be moving into his new place last week and when I texted him yesterday to see if he got all moved in - he said he hasn't moved yet.  lol.  He said he has been busy with work.  I'll find out more of the story hopefully today at lunch. 

And that's about it! 

louannwilkins
by Louann on Oct. 14, 2012 at 3:13 PM

How are you feeling about the move?  Do you like the place you'll be moving to?  I'm glad you're getting to see your dd.  I hope you enjoy the day.    :)

Quoting LEK19:

Packing and moving. Our last day in this condo is Monday. 

Seeing my daughter for a bit. She was in a wedding this weekend and traveling through town. 

louannwilkins
by Louann on Oct. 14, 2012 at 3:16 PM

Dont you hate breaking something like that that you love?  It's been almost a year since my house burned down and I STILL think about things from my kitchen that I miss so bad!!!  lol  I cook and bake a lot and so I had all kinds of things I loved using and I don't know if I'll ever get enough stuff back to compensate for what I had.  lol  I'm trying though!!

Hope your lunch goes well.  Keep us updated.  Enjoy your day!!    :)

Quoting suzeebloch:

Sunday.  Nothing very eventful happened the rest of the day yesterday and so far nothing eventul happening today.  Most of the clouds have moved out of here - it is partly cloudy with sunshine poking through at times but it's very breezy!  I have my door and windows open. 

Opening the fridge to get half and half out for my coffee and the next thing I knew, my favorite mixing bowl slipped out of the dish rack and fell to the floor.  :o(  It broke into a million pieces so I had to clean that all up and now have to get a new one.  I bought it at a thrift store so a couple of years ago but now I have an excuse to go to another thrift store to find myself a new one! 

Supposed to meet Brian today for lunch.  He was supposed to be moving into his new place last week and when I texted him yesterday to see if he got all moved in - he said he hasn't moved yet.  lol.  He said he has been busy with work.  I'll find out more of the story hopefully today at lunch. 

And that's about it! 

tinysmom160
by Bronze Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 5:08 PM

MOVING INTO MY NEW HOME!!!!!!!

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Oct. 14, 2012 at 5:10 PM

Just after Johnny moved away to college in 2008, I moved out of the 2-bedroom apartment we had been in for 2 years and moved in with an elderly friend of mine.  I think she is 86 years old now!  Her two kids live in Ohio and Boston.  She has a fully remodeled basement and I moved in there, with the thought of paying her $500 a month.  It was a win-win situation for both of us.  I got rid of just about everything.  Gave away kitchen food (spices, flour, canned goods, etc).  Sold or gave away most of my pots and pans, dishes, cups, glasses, utensils, crock pot, etc.  Sold my furniture including table, chairs, couch, love seat, piano, all because I was moving in with Margo.  Plus I adopted out our two cats to my single cousin and uncle who lived in a mobile home.  Margo is so allergic to cat that she breaks out in hives.  So i hired the movers and in I moved with Margo. About 10 days later, my cousin called to say that he and his dad could not keep my two cats.  My apartment lease didn't expire until the end of June, so I kept them there and then I moved them to my parents' garage where they had built in an enclosed storage shed.  This was all happening June and July 2008.  Margo had a hard time dealing with the fact I was choosing my cats over her.  "They are just cats" she told me.  She wanted me to give them away but even the animal shelters weren't accepting adult cats at that time with so many kittens around so my only option would have been to euthanize them.  And I could not find anyone who was willing to adopt adult cats.  Euthanasia was NOT an option for me! 

So I found and moved into the one-bedroom apartment I am in now - and had to buy EVERYTHING.  Most of the stuff I got at garage sales and thrift stores.  So I know what it's like to have had something and then not had it.  Replacing all that stuff is a long process!  And can add up quick, even at thrift stores! 

Brian ended up having to meet with his boss over the lunch hour so I didn't get to eat lunch with him after all. 

Quoting louannwilkins:

Dont you hate breaking something like that that you love?  It's been almost a year since my house burned down and I STILL think about things from my kitchen that I miss so bad!!!  lol  I cook and bake a lot and so I had all kinds of things I loved using and I don't know if I'll ever get enough stuff back to compensate for what I had.  lol  I'm trying though!!

Quoting suzeebloch:

And that's about it! 

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 6:09 PM

I worked today. Had to run into the grocery store because I forgot the sloppy joe sauce. Home to make dinner (Sloppy Joes and Sweet Potato Fries). Now vegging out.

louannwilkins
by Louann on Oct. 14, 2012 at 6:14 PM

Yay!!  Share some pics with us later on if you can.  Congrats!    :)

Quoting tinysmom160:

MOVING INTO MY NEW HOME!!!!!!!

louannwilkins
by Louann on Oct. 14, 2012 at 6:18 PM

You're right, it can add up!  lol  I'm looking around in goodwill or other thrift stores all the time.  Eventually I will get more but it takes time. 

Sorry he had to meet with his boss....maybe next time. 

I don't blame you about the cats.  I wouldn't have let mine go just to be put down either.  Margo must not have had a love of animals.  Some people do feel the way she does but I'm not one of them.  They are part of the family.   :)

Quoting suzeebloch:

Just after Johnny moved away to college in 2008, I moved out of the 2-bedroom apartment we had been in for 2 years and moved in with an elderly friend of mine.  I think she is 86 years old now!  Her two kids live in Ohio and Boston.  She has a fully remodeled basement and I moved in there, with the thought of paying her $500 a month.  It was a win-win situation for both of us.  I got rid of just about everything.  Gave away kitchen food (spices, flour, canned goods, etc).  Sold or gave away most of my pots and pans, dishes, cups, glasses, utensils, crock pot, etc.  Sold my furniture including table, chairs, couch, love seat, piano, all because I was moving in with Margo.  Plus I adopted out our two cats to my single cousin and uncle who lived in a mobile home.  Margo is so allergic to cat that she breaks out in hives.  So i hired the movers and in I moved with Margo. About 10 days later, my cousin called to say that he and his dad could not keep my two cats.  My apartment lease didn't expire until the end of June, so I kept them there and then I moved them to my parents' garage where they had built in an enclosed storage shed.  This was all happening June and July 2008.  Margo had a hard time dealing with the fact I was choosing my cats over her.  "They are just cats" she told me.  She wanted me to give them away but even the animal shelters weren't accepting adult cats at that time with so many kittens around so my only option would have been to euthanize them.  And I could not find anyone who was willing to adopt adult cats.  Euthanasia was NOT an option for me! 

So I found and moved into the one-bedroom apartment I am in now - and had to buy EVERYTHING.  Most of the stuff I got at garage sales and thrift stores.  So I know what it's like to have had something and then not had it.  Replacing all that stuff is a long process!  And can add up quick, even at thrift stores! 

Brian ended up having to meet with his boss over the lunch hour so I didn't get to eat lunch with him after all. 

Quoting louannwilkins:

Quoting suzeebloch:

And that's about it! 

louannwilkins
by Louann on Oct. 14, 2012 at 6:18 PM

Enjoy the rest of the day.  The weekend goes by so fast.  Hope you had a good day at work.    :)

Quoting Cindy18:

I worked today. Had to run into the grocery store because I forgot the sloppy joe sauce. Home to make dinner (Sloppy Joes and Sweet Potato Fries). Now vegging out.

DesignGirl450
by Lynda on Oct. 14, 2012 at 11:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Saturday, my husband and I went to a big home show downtown.  Am planning to get new kitchen counter and undermount sinks, so wanted to check out what was new.   Loved some of the quartz, and want to go with that.   Lots of interesting stuff there, and I bought some new brooms, and a garlic grater gizmo.   Today, Sunday, went for a walk when it stopped raining briefly, did laundry, tidied my sewing room, made chile con carne and cornbread (from a mix) for dinner.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)