Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

I'm a pretty patient person.  But it's 8:40.  I am sitting here, waiting for my F w/o B to show up so I can get my car back.  After he gets here, we are running to the donut store (he asked me to print a coupon) and then over to get his car.  THEN I need to go to 3 banks to take care of my bills ... He told me last night he'd be here around 8.  I guess I overlooked the "around" part.  I need to do all this BEFORE I can start working.  ugh.  This is one reason I could never be his girlfriend.  I'd get too irritated.  But because he's "just a friend" I can overlook this annoying habit of his.  Never on time.  lol.

UPDATE:  9:15 a.m.

OMG.  I texted him just after I posted this.  STILL NO WORD.  UGH.  I'm the kind of person I'd rather be early and wait than have someone wait on me .... just saying ...

come on dude. I have places to be and things to do today!  and you have MY car! 

UPDATE:  9:50 a.m.

He just called.  He overslept and is on his way over now.  GRRRRR!!! 

I was up at 6:30, showered at 7:15 and was ready at 8. 

by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:43 AM
Replies (11-16):
suzeebloch
by Ronna on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:24 PM

oops.  my bad.  I never thought for once he might have had a wreck - and it would have been IN MY CAR!  lol.  I met him in November 2008 so I know all too well he rarely is on time for anything! 

Quoting homeskoolmama:

Better late than never and be happy he overslept. I would be worried he had a wreck. I know it is frustrating. I like to be early too.  So I know I would have been blowing up his phone with text. ;-)

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:48 PM

One of my pet peeves is people who can't be on time.  As a result I sm always early to wherever I am going.  I would have been really pissed - 2 1/2 hours late is inexcusable.  You should have gotten more than a donut - but I guess a tank of gas is a good thing.  Hope your tank was almost empty when he filled it.

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:50 PM

me too.  but then on the positive side - i did get to spend more time here with my friends at MWAK than I would have if he had been on time! 

Quoting mac1940:

One of my pet peeves is people who can't be on time.  As a result I sm always early to wherever I am going.  I would have been really pissed - 2 1/2 hours late is inexcusable.  You should have gotten more than a donut - but I guess a tank of gas is a good thing.  Hope your tank was almost empty when he filled it.

jurnee14
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 12:25 AM

Lateness is a big pet peeve of mine, I hate being late. I hate waiting also.Enter my 10 yr old, i dont know where he gets it from , but he has no sense of urgency or being on time at all,not like any of my other kids, we are always the last ones anywhere i have to go with him, it drives me batty. Even with hrs to prepare he is never ready on time, always putting his shoes on in the car, ugh 

nana9106
by Darlene on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:07 AM
I.would have been livid...and he would have heard about it. I hate to be late and I can't stand it when other people are late. GRRRR I totally feel for you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
drumomma
by Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 5:25 PM

I hate waiting for people too!! My daughter's father was always late for everything! We would have to tell him to be there at least an hour before the activity was supposed to start and maybe he wouldn't be too late!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN