Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

My internet service

Posted by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 2:32 PM
  • 11 Replies

Its really really bad. I've had issue since I moved into this house almost 3 yrs. ago but its gotten worse. Especially the last 2 months. I've had someone out here 4 times, now they are sending a "high level tech" out. 

Frustrating. Do you ever have this problem. I pay $50 a month too. I want it to work all the time!

by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 2:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
homeskoolmama
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 2:50 PM

We live in the country. Our lines are above ground out on the highway and buried in our driveway, so every time we have a lot of rain fall, our service is in and out. When the wind blows and a limb falls on the lines, we loose our phones and internet. No way around it for us.

CoeyG
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 3:09 PM

I pay about $40 a month for my internet service and it is pretty good.  I have found that if I shut the modem down for a couple of minutes once a day it works quite well.  I have DSL service and so far it has been pretty good.  I got the faster package though because I sometimes watch "television" or movies on my computer and I play games

EireLass
by Gold Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 3:12 PM

As you know, we moved last December. We don't have cable TV here, so we don't have internet through a cable either. It's through a phone line, although we don't have a home phone. It kept going out, and we were making the joke that whenever the wind blew really hard. They kept telling us it was the modem, and kept sending a new one. Well, 4 modems later, Dan got on the phone with them and demanded someone come out in person. The guy ended up tracing the line backwards and found a problem on the line 1 mile down the street near the post office. Whatever they did fixed it.

gmadiane
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 4:28 PM

we have our internet and cable and phone through brighthouse kinda pricey but no issues with service

Bmat
by Barb on Oct. 14, 2012 at 7:13 PM

I am in the country, too, and get poor reception, no cable,  limited bandwidth.  Sometimes the internet, which is from a satellite, I think, gets as slow as my dial up. I asked the company, and they said the equipment was trying to find a faster connection and therefore was slow.

mammapav
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 7:28 PM

The only time we have lost our is when there has been a bad snow storm. We have been pretty lucky !!  My Sister lives a couple miles down the road and loses her all the time. We have the same Company.

jabs54
by Jeanine on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:23 PM

Our internet works well but we have problems with the wifi.  I thought I had to buy a new router but after calling linksys they said the problem was the connection to our internet, not the actual router.  That was after an 85 min phone call in which she took control over my computer.  AND I had to pay them $40.00 to help because the warranty was long over.  My Dell computer crashes on me frequently.  My dd just bought a Mac because she was so sick of having problems. 

Hope someone can fix your problem!

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Sunday at 11:27 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 12:06 AM

We've been lucky here,
My neighbor had phone issues though & they had to come out many times til they found the problem.
Hope yours is resolved real soon :)

Join us at
Time Out for You

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 6:54 AM

That's so frustrating.

Mine is pretty good. I live in the city and have lots of options for cable/phone/internet.

louannwilkins
by Louann on Oct. 15, 2012 at 7:08 AM

Mine is so so.  I've called and complained numerous times.  I live in the country too and so sometimes here you take what you can get.  lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)