Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Did you have many problems with yours so far throughout your lifetime? 

by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 3:16 PM
Replies (11-20):
atlmom2
by Susie on Oct. 15, 2012 at 9:03 AM
I have been in perimenopause for years. 7 or 8 months without one, then. Have a few periods, then it disappears again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
suesues
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 9:05 AM

clock work here to no pain went 11 months with out it then got it wecome to menopause now gone for good

drumomma
by Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 9:48 AM

For the 16 years between my 2 sons my period was very irregualr - maybe had it only every 3 months - except the 3 times my daughter was pregnant durning that time I had it regularly - crazy right? Then when I got pregnant with my youngest son 6 years ago they kind of straigtened out and have been fairly regular. Not liking it at all!! I had my appendix and gall bladder out earlier this year and was told to see my OB/GYN to get checked out to see if my periods are causing me to be so anemic - the other drs. couldn't find anything, so they figure that must be the reason.

Why123
by Nancy on Oct. 15, 2012 at 9:54 AM

One of the few blessings of being old is menopause.  I haven't had a period in over 10 years.

Shellness
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 2:55 PM

Gosh, that worked out great for you. I'm happy for you.

Quoting suzeebloch:

Yay!  I am SO FREAKING HAPPY to report I don't have to bother with this ANY MORE!  YIPPEE KIYO KIYAY!

my periods were regular, too, like clockwork.  Then in 2005 I got a Mirena IUD. Can we say goodbye, period?!  Whoop whoop!  in 2010 it was time to remove and replace but my doctor did a blood test and I had reached MENOPAUSE.  HIP HIP HURRAY!  lol.  I will GLADLY keep my minimal hot flashes for those periods ANY DAY! 

Shellness
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 2:58 PM

Quoting gmadiane:

I have had a few issues as I have gotten older, I had a hormore imbalance and bled for 3 months and was misdiagnosed as having uterine cancer, after having to go on birth control pills to regulate my hormones I have not had a lot of issues until about the past year now I get worse cramps and some chest pains when I am in my period part of me is looking forward to menopause

kitdavey
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 1:35 AM

Hysterectomy at age 30 due to extremely heavy periods. 21yrs later I haven't missed it one bit.

campingmomof4
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 12:50 PM

My ablation didn't work.  I was so mad.   It did make me more regular and have normal periods.  Instead of the Periods from hell. 

Quoting Rileyscute:

Pretty much always horrible, never regular..it's like, you name it..I had it..cysts, fibroids, adhesion syndrome, carcinoma in situ (I was 27)..I had to have surgery in 2002, and they left my right ovary, but it was cauterized to the point of it was just 'dead'..and then holy cow I got pregnant with my twins 4 months after surgery. When they were born in 2003, and I had a tubal..it got outrageous..I had an ablation in October of 2004..no more periods! Yay!! I am going through an early menopause..besides always being hot..it's fantastic.

Rileyscute
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 1:04 PM

I told my doc..if she didn't kill it I would...she completely fried it. lol

Sorry yours didn't work :(

Quoting campingmomof4:

My ablation didn't work.  I was so mad.   It did make me more regular and have normal periods.  Instead of the Periods from hell. 

Quoting Rileyscute:

Pretty much always horrible, never regular..it's like, you name it..I had it..cysts, fibroids, adhesion syndrome, carcinoma in situ (I was 27)..I had to have surgery in 2002, and they left my right ovary, but it was cauterized to the point of it was just 'dead'..and then holy cow I got pregnant with my twins 4 months after surgery. When they were born in 2003, and I had a tubal..it got outrageous..I had an ablation in October of 2004..no more periods! Yay!! I am going through an early menopause..besides always being hot..it's fantastic.

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Oct. 17, 2012 at 1:25 PM

no, once in a while I am a few days late or early but AF still shows up like clockwork for the most part. I wish she would find somebody else to visit and leave me be.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN