Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

my son will not call me back or texted me back

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 6:42 AM
  • 22 Replies
When me or my husben call are. Texed my son he will not call back. Its. Been going on for along time . I do not now why he does that it is like he doesn't. Care about use anymore
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 6:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 6:52 AM

How old is he? Where does he live compared to you? Are you sure he is OK and safe and just ignoring you?

starsis68
by Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 7:12 AM
He is 22 He lives with his girlfriend. He is ignoring me. but I do not know why
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
louannwilkins
by Louann on Oct. 15, 2012 at 7:17 AM

Most of the time when they get out on their own it's different and they don't contact you like they did before.  Most likely he's just establishing his life on his own now.  It takes some getting use to sometimes when the kids are grown and on their own.  Your relationship takes a different path.  Hang in there.....

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Oct. 15, 2012 at 7:20 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree with this.  It's pretty "normal" behavior.  Many of us moms here are going through the same thing so we feel your pain.  But, it's all a part of growing up and letting go - which is hardest on us!  :o) 

Quoting louannwilkins:

Most of the time when they get out on their own it's different and they don't contact you like they did before.  Most likely he's just establishing his life on his own now.  It takes some getting use to sometimes when the kids are grown and on their own.  Your relationship takes a different path.  Hang in there.....

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:46 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 7:44 AM

Sorry to hear this,
How long has it been going on?  Any way to pop in & see him so you can talk with him ?
Good luck & let us know what happens :)

Join us at
Time Out for You

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 8:08 AM

Just easy off the texts and calls for a little while. Maybe he is feeling smothered.

atlmom2
by Gold Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 9:17 AM
Were you calling and texting too much? He is rebelling. I do not text or call much to my college dd, or my 21 yo that moved out in July. Some parents demand daily texts from college kids. Not me. Gotta spread their wings.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
homeskoolmama
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 10:43 AM

Is he living close enough for you to drop by? Did you guys have some sort of disagreement?

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Oct. 15, 2012 at 12:24 PM

Young people this age aren't very good at keeping in touch with parents - he is busy being in love and enjoying life.  Hurtful?  Yes, it is.  The good thing is that they usually get past it as they age.  It;s really not that they don't care about you, it is mostly just not thinking.  I would text or call less frequently - maybe to let him know you love him or to invite he and his lady to dinner or lunch if they live nearby. 

CoeyG
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 6:52 PM

He is an adult, he doesn't have to talk to you, doesn't have to text you and doesn't have to tell you why.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)