Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

my son will not call me back or texted me back

Posted by   + Show Post
When me or my husben call are. Texed my son he will not call back. Its. Been going on for along time . I do not now why he does that it is like he doesn't. Care about use anymore
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 6:42 AM
Replies (11-20):
starsis68
by Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 8:08 PM
This has been going on for about 2 years I do not texed. Him are call him that mush I been trying to give give him is space. But I fill he does not care.about me are his dad we it try to talk to him once every 2weeks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jabs54
by Jeanine on Oct. 15, 2012 at 8:16 PM

I'm sorry, that must be frustrating.  If your sure he's fine I would back off.  Hopefully with the holidays coming up you'll see him soon.

Maddie24
by Gold Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 8:32 PM

I feel your pain as well.  I have the same thing with my youngest daughter.  I really think it is true - kids this age are spreading their wings and establishing themselves as adults.  I believe they will re-establish relationships with parents after some time.  I still send my daughter a text every week just to let her know I love her and hope she is having a good week. 

Bmat
by Barb on Oct. 15, 2012 at 8:45 PM

I am sorry.  Maybe he'll get over it and get back in touch.

starsis68
by Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 10:17 PM
Thank I glad I not the only one going thure this. I went true it with my family I talked to them every 2 weeks and my husband. Talks to his family. Ones a week
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
terri-553
by Silver Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 7:33 AM

Now that he is out on his own,He just seems to be most likely finding his own way,Is he okay??Is,he is working??I am sure you will hear from him soon

jonnlilithsmom
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 10:38 AM

send him an email detailing your concerns, if he replies, you'll have your answer, if he doesn't, I suggest running through your memories for the reason... what you and your husband have done to alienate him

emptynstr
by Leanne on Oct. 16, 2012 at 1:35 PM

Maybe just try to slowly establish a routine, minimum contact once a week: a text, email, photo, card. No pressure, just contact, be consistent and friendly.

My son moved to Cali last year from Illinois, for the first 6 months we heard from him a lot. In May his girlfriend moved out there. The contact has dropped off considerably. For the first couple months I was frustrated but as time has moved along, I have gotten used to it. Now if I don't hear from him in a week or so, I send a message or call. He has established his own life, and I have to be glad he is doing well and enjoy the time/contact I do have with him.

Bleacheddecay
by Gold Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 4:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Hopefully you are not paying for that phone if so I'd cut it off. If he can't be bothered with you I wouldn't pay for him to ignore me. I'm so sorry. *HUGS*

Esmrlda
by Esme on Oct. 16, 2012 at 4:45 PM

Give him some space. He will come around.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN